Hey guys,

Im a 20 year old male and as i posted have a large foreskin, I have not had sex but am worried about it to the point that it is effecting my social life. I am uncircumsised and when flacid my foreskin totally covers the head of my penis, i have no issues fully retracting my forsekin while flacid , but when i am erect my foreskin still covers about a quarter of the head of my penis, and i cannot retract it fully when erect, its like there is to much skin. I have considered circumcision and have yet to talk to a doctor. I would apreachiate any comments !

Cheers
Mr worried

Dude don't be ashamed.

At least you've got 3/4 of your head exposed which many can't achieve.

See your Dr. sometimes the piece os skin on the underside of the head,may keep it from retracting all the way. I snip and it should be ok, but don't think cutting it all off is good. There are lots of adult stars that pull back the skin as soon as they get hard, I suspect it is there are more guys that re cut than not, and the want to be normal looking.If your 20, and you don't find any pleasure from having your foreskin, it seems strange.It s similar to emmiting pre-cum when excitd. It is a natural lubricant and seems to be more uncut men produce this. Just tell your Dr. that you have some worries about it not retracting all the way.Men are so hung up about talking to Dr's about their bodies. Women go to Dr.'s for ther private parts, why should it be an emmbarrasing thing? There was a post from a man from India that he was 25 and never had retracted his foreskin. That just boggles my mind, ,not cleaning an important part of your body for 25 yrs. Also may women say it is unatractive because they don't want to perform oral sex. They get waxed and shaved, so I guess they assume that part of their body needs changing. Good Luck

Why is this a problem for you?

It isn't that you have too much skin. The tip of the foreskin is too narrow and won't allow your foreskin to pass back over the head when you are erect.

When your penis is erect, gently pull your foreskin back against the head of the penis. As the head attempts to pass through the foreskin it will stretch the skin a little. Do this every day and in a few weeks or months your foreskin will widen and you will be able to retract your foreskin. Do NOT force retraction.

It works by tissue expansion. Stretching skin induces “mitosis” which is a word that means “division of cells”. New skin cells are formed and the skin expands. The increase in size is permanent. Be patient and let mitosis do its work.

This shouldn't be a problem during intercourse, since the inward thrust unskins the glans and the outward pull reskins it. This is the optimum scenario to trigger orgasm on the inward thrust, while delaying premature ejaculation. However there is a Japanese surgical technique that removes skin from the base of the penis, thus shortening the foreskin while still preserving the sensitive tip nerve areas. As a bonus the scar is hidden by the pubic hair. Unfortunately you may have to go to Japan to get this, as I have never seen it offered by surgeons in western countries.

Foreskin – full length.

You are blessed with a protective, highly-innervated, erogenous full-length foreskin. Many unforeskinned guys would envy your foreskin. You display great wisdom in wanting to avoid circumcision, You should thank your parents for protecting your physical integrity. Because of your physical integrity you will be able to have sex the way nature intended it.

There is a lot of wrong information being published about foreskins. Most source say the foreskin automatically retracts during erection. That is only the case with short foreskins.  

The automatic retraction of the foreskin on erection depends on the length of the foreskin in comparison to the length of the penis. Foreskins only retract on erection if 1. the foreskin is shorter than the erect penis and 2. the foreskin is wide enough retract over the glans penis. A full-length foreskin does not spontaneously retract on erection but may be retracted with one’s hand provided that the skin is loose enough to pass back over the head.

The part of a full-length foreskin that extends beyond the head is called the “overhang” or the acroposthion. The tip of the foreskin or acroposthion is highly innervated and has the most sensation. A long tapering acroposthion was regarded by the ancient Greeks as the epitome of male beauty.

When a full-length foreskin is retracted, folds of skin form around the base of the penis. When the foreskin is released the folds may unfold and push the foreskin forward into its normal position to recover the head. Some guys with long foreskins cannot keep them retracted except by  holding it back. This is not usually considered to be a problem.  

The full-length foreskin provides superior protection to the head of the penis. Its extra-long length helps to keep the head moist, soft, and sensitive. The full-length foreskin probably has more pleasure nerves and sensation. A longer foreskin has superior gliding action that helps in masturbation and intercourse. A longer foreskin probably has more pleasure nerves than a shorter foreskin. All in all, a full-length foreskin is an extra blessing.

You may flush out your long foreskin with a rubber-bulb type ear syringe if it does not retract.

If part of your foreskin is narrow and won't retract you can stretch it manually to make it retract.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** posting of web addresses is not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I am sure that you do not have too much skin. It is much more likely that your frenulum is too short and is preventng complete retraction. Look up frenulum stretching on the Internet for more advice.