I'm just turning 16 and my penis still is covered by foreskin when I'm erect, I can pull it back but I havent tried masturbating like that. My foreskin isn't sore or tight either, I masturbate just with my foreskin over my penis, as it does not retract automatically but isn't tight, I don't think, can anyone help or know what's up?

Hi Matthew,

It's NORMAL for your foreskin to not retract, up until about 16 or so.

You DO want it to retract.  For one, it'll be much more pleasurable for you.

Yes, you will find the glans (head) very sensitive for now but that is also NORMAL.  As the head is exposed it will become less sensitive.

Retract it as you can.  It should slide easily over your glans when you are erect - eventually. 

You are blessed with a protective, highly-innervated, erogenous full-length foreskin. Many unforeskinned guys would envy your foreskin. You display great wisdom in wanting to avoid circumcision,  

You should thank your parents for protecting your physical integrity. Because of your physical integrity you will be able to have sex the way nature intended it.  

There is a lot of wrong information being published about foreskins. Most source say the foreskin automatically retracts during erection. That is only the case with short foreskins.  

The automatic retraction of the foreskin on erection depends on the length of the foreskin in comparison to the length of the penis. Foreskins only retract on erection if 1. the foreskin is shorter than the erect penis and 2. the foreskin is wide enough retract over the glans penis. A full-length foreskin does not spontaneously retract on erection but may be retracted with one’s hand provided that the skin is loose enough to pass back over the head.

The part of a full-length foreskin that extends beyond the head is called the “overhang” or the acroposthion. The tip of the foreskin or acroposthion is highly innervated and has the most sensation. A long tapering acroposthion was regarded by the ancient Greeks as the epitome of male beauty.

Masturbation with the foreskin over the glans is the normal way provided that the foreskin is long enough.