So here's the story:

The lump is my left forearm about a 3rd of the way up from my wrist along the outside edge.

I was holding one of my 11 month old sons and I felt something like a muscle cramp or hard painful pinching sensation in my foearm. Immediately I felt a large squishy lump about the size of a cashew. The area was definately itchy and about inch to both sides swelled up over the next few days. I went to the doctor thinking that i either strainde the muscle or got a bad bug bite of some sort. He seesm to think it's a bug bite, even after 9 days. It's now 17 days later and I have a small pea sized lump that feels firm but moves aside when I push down on it.

Any thoughts?

I depend on my hands for my living and if something were wrong that could affect the use of them, I'd be screwed :-(

I tend to agree with your doctor. Have you tried any topical medications for the lump yet? Camphophenique (camphor dissolved in phenol) is my favorite bug medicine. Corticosteroid cream may also be helpful.

Is Camphophenique something I get at a pharmacy or natural health store?

It can be bought over the counter at any drug store or supermarket without a prescription. It goes by different brand names.

Thanks I'll try to find it :-) Thanks for the advice, I was hesitant on thinking it was a bug bite becasue it had been over 2 weeks. However, that's what i hoped it was ;-) Hopefully, this will help :-)