When i am lifting weights usually when i am working arms, my forearms start to hurt. Its a weird shooting pain in my forearm its the underside where the larger bone is in my arm. I thought i could push threw it but its a unbearable to push threw. It only happens on certain exercises. There is a shooting pain that feels like it is going threw the large bone in my arm. I had to quick doing those exercises that hurt. I am not sure what is going on if any one had any advice i would appreciate it.

There can be a number of issues that cause this.

1. Your forearms are weaker compared to other body parts such as biceps and shoulders. This will overload the forearm muscles and eventually cause injury associated with tendons, which in your case might not be serious if you can stand the pain, or it only hurts during the exercises.

2. Your bones are growing. You probably heard that kids growing up have pain behind the ankles without any cause. In your age it is the forearm bones as you are maturing.

3. Similar to (1), your grip needs to be strengthened. Think about it, grip is very important especially when you are using heavy weights. We tend to concentrate more on getting into the flow of an exercise, but ignore grip, which is neccessary in most exercises.

So, work out your forearms atleast once a week, just as you would do for any other muscle. Strengthen your grip. You will find various exercises for this, such as reverse curl, pinching plates, etc.

One of the things I learned in bodybuilding is to keep a balance in all muscle groups or your body will send you these messages which can be frustrating and painful at times.

*See a doctor if pain persists or worsens. These are just recommendations not expert opinions*

I get the exact same pain. I read a few forums and they say possibly tendinitis building up, weak forearms/grip. They recommenced stretching, wrist wraps. I'm going to try the wrist wraps and stretching. :-S

me too having same pain in my left forearm.....the pain realizes only when i lift weights i.e.bar for biceps and at the time of zig zag rod also.....can anyone please help me for its cure.....thank you..

Hi

I don't know if this will help but I too have been having this problem. Only really when I perform tricep exercises. Anyway, I went to see a physio and he said that the nerve which radiates from the C5 vertebrae is getting pinched somewhere along the line. Either at the neck or shoulder. When the nerve is being pinched, it causes pain along the nerve, and in my case, I was getting a pain in my forearm. The nerve goes from the neck, along the shoulder and then down the forearm. It can be getting pinched at any point along it but only causing pain in a certain area.
All he said was to rest it and take anti-inflamatories, to reduce any swelling. If it's a pinching of the nerve around your neck, it could be a problem with one of your disks which is putting pressure on the nerve. An x-ray will find that problem though.

wrist wraps don't work I tried that trust me they don't work

Did u end up getting better?