I have noticed a lump under the skin on thre under side of my forearm. it can get tender if poked. Any ideas on what this could be ?

It sounds like a cysts. If it is...Cysts can be harmless. However, they can also morph into a problem. Have it looked at so that you can be sure that it is not and may not become a problem. You will probably continue to worry if you don't get answers. Please let us know what you find out so that you can be helpful to others here. We get a lot of posts about this type of thing. Please let us know what you find out. Good luck!

I have the exact same thing.  I lift weights and my nickel sized lump under the skin of the inside of my right forearm literally appeared overnight.  have scoured the web trying to find a decent answer as to what it is.  Seems even those who visit a doctor may not get an adequate reply. 

Could be a cyst. Get it checked out.