So far its only happened in my sleep, the first time, i rolled over onto my side when i was abruptly awoken, trying to swat out what i thought was a lit cigerette in my bed, as soon as my hip touched the sheets i could have sworn there was a lit cigerette under my hip, and i dont even smoke, lol, but that is excactly what i image it would feel like if i did have a lit cigerette put against my skin. Its happened about 5 times since, always when im sleeping, and usually in the hip buttocks area. Has anyone else ever had anything like this happen !!!

Hi. I was at a party in the foothills this weekend, and i was outside then when i was walking inside, i felt like someone put a cigarette out on the back of my arm. I thought maybe it was some sort of spider or bug? So I typed in the "cigarette burning" feeling on google and found this. I wonder what type of bug bit me, now it is red and itchy and it was 4 days ago, I hope it wasn't a brown recluse spider, which i don't think it was because people say that type of bite doesn't hurt until after.

Also, I found maybe it could be a fire ant? Have you seen ants around your place?

Good luck :-)

What you are referring to is a small bug that is commonly known as a "burner". It is not even a milimeter long very very small bug but for some reason when this insect punctures your skin it happens to set off the pain receptor responsible for that "burning" feeling and so they are called burners as I know it but I'm not sure exactly what they are some sort of Midge or knat maybe?

This just happenes to me, so I Googled it, and saw that I was not alone...

Just happened again, and I'm positive its not a bug, in the same exact spot, I'm thinking its a nerve..

Im having the same burning sensation on my back. Had it for years but now it flares at night, keeps me awake and it has no distinct mark to show anyone. Please someone find out what this is.

You probably were bitten by a minute pirate bug. SOB's hurt so bad, and they are TINY.

I have felt this in my arm but I have never found anything on it, I am nervous that it is serious!

I get that feeling of cigarettes burning my arms, legs and back often. This has been going on for 5-6 months, sometimes worse than others. It seems to be worse when it's cold outside. I have no idea what it is, but it's very irritating.

Thanks. At least I know what got me now. Insidious thing. I did not see it in my bed, but have 3 bite marks to show for it.

It might be cprs I have it or fibermyala I have that too. See a doctor go pain specialist. Good Luck

I jumped out of bed to what I thought was a cigarette being put out on the side of my neck. I mean,, woke up running across the room it hurt so bad. Well, no cigarette. The area on the left lower side of my neck, about golf ball sized, Hurt bad to the touch for about 15 minutes. Pain is now gone, area still red, and appears to have a couple tiny lumps under the skin? I'm kinda freaking out due how bad it hurt when firsrt woke up, felt like a hot iron. . ???

Mine is like cigarette ash being flicked burning here and there all over and a red warm feeling that comes in my right hand I suffer with anxiety disorder and been taking advian for a month I think I need to stop the med to see if goes away I don't know what to do.i feel your pain.

Same thing for years. Used to have to touch the area now it self generates at will. It is not a bug bite. I have no idea what it is, except unpleasant.

I just have that burning feeling in my right thumb. Bothersome, but not so much painful. I'm disturbed.