I developed a large bump on the inside of my lower lip just yesterday. It definitely wasn’t there before yesterday, I am 100% sure. It is red and about a quarter inch long. It doesn’t really hurt, but I can feel it and I became preoccupied today with it. I don't remember biting it or burning it, it just bumped out. Any ideas on what it could be, mouth cancer?

I think it is a bit early to worry about a mouth cancer. The likeliest cause for a swelling in the lower lip is trauma…think you might bit the lip or bite….sometimes an allergy can cause it. See your doctor about it if it doesn't improve in the next few days. This is not recommendation, but I put acyclovir on anything that occurs on my lip. The lumps which are usually on my low lip are pimple.

I also got a large bump on my lower lip and its just like how you discribed yours. I went to my docter and she said it was nothing to worry about but that was a month ago and it still wont go away. it dosent hurt or anything but it bothers me so much.

i have a lump on my lip and its been there. like a 1 month. i had this bump when i was 9 years old. and i had to get it removed!!!. and now im 15 and it grew back again. and it botheres me allllooottt. sometimes its little.. sometimes it big. like it just changes its size everyday... its so irritateing!!!! o.O .... so what u have to do is go to the doctor and get it removed. this bump thing is called mucous retention cyst.

ernaline wrote:

a small boil on my lower lip and i started biting it.after few days i started applying mouth ulser gel but no use.it is causeing no pain but its giving a bad looking while talking and im feeling like im holding something between my lips.what could it be?and what is the cure for it?

I also just woke up today to discover this "bump" on my lower lip. Never had 1 before, and there is no pain or discomfort just the lump. I researched cold sores, and lip lumps, and I found it matches none of this criteria, thats the good news. Bad news is it bugs me and i play with it, any ideas on how to get rid of this?

This is the second time that I have had a bump on my bottom lip, it's under the skin, on the left side, mostly painless unless I bite it.

I have a bad habit of biting my lips, and this usually appears when I'm stressing out. There is a vitamin that I took before and it made the bump disappear by the next day. I can't remember what exactly the vitamin is called-- but know that this isn't something you have to run to the doctor for and its not oral cancer.

I've had the same bump in my inner lip for 1 1/2 months. Weirdly enough, it popped up the day I found out my boyfriend of 4 1/2 years was cheating on me. It still hasn't gone away...I feel no pain, I noticed it tingles and swells a little bit when I'm stressed out. I don't know if I should try and pop it. I too have found myself playing with it.

These are often caused by stress, as i found out today when i got my exam results, an hour later it popped up. You just gotta wait it out i guess

i have the lump in my lip for two months now and i barley can talk to anybody

I Too have a lump in my lower left side lip, about the size of a pea, i too cant stop playing with it!! its funny though after reading what you guys said, Im sure it wasnt there last week but I took my driving test and was feeling rather stressed and hey the next day i notice the lump.

It is most likely Mucocele. I think it is caused by some function being blocked or disrupted. If you bite your lip and lot and then stress out it will more likely grow. Its like a big blob of mucous or something under your skin. It's not that big; won't kill you.

P.S. I don't know this for sure...... too long since I learned it I could have mixed some facts up lol.

UPDATE!!! Ok so its been about 7 months and I finally had my bump removed!!! It wasn't that painful but the doc did want to knock me out but I told him no. He used local anasthetic, removed it and burned off some... I'ts still a little sensitive but the stitches are out and I can smile freely once again... :D

Its called a Mucous Cyst and most dental professionals can remove it with a laser procedure. It will no go away in most cases, it will just continue to get bigger as the person bites it over and over. I have seen several removed at my office and the healing process is very quick. If you live in the Los Angeles area you can contact Esthetic Smile in Reseda, Ca at 818-344-4929.

Well i bit my lip yesterday and it has swelled and its huge! it the reason i didnt go to school today.(im in 8th grade) I've put ice on it to help swelling but it has just gotten bigger. I dont want anyone to see it its embarrasing! So ive been trying to see what it is. its on my lower lip and its red on the inside, kinda looks like a canker sore on the outside, and doesnt cause to much pain only when i play with it. Can anyone please help ?