I have had a feeling as if something was stuck in my throat for quite some time, but learned to ignore it when i wake up its not as bad, and as i clear my throat/cough it feels better. Last night I took around a 30-35 mile bike ride through the woods/beach/water setting and later that night got home and was going to grab a bite to eat. Before I began to eat I swallowed and it hurt, my throat felt like i swallowed a golf ball. Now, today it still hurts like every 4-5 swallows, hurts chest/back and whenever I breathe in hard, it also feels a little tight/painful. I can still swallow normally, swallow food drinks, I'm not puking or anything, just wondering what could be wrong before I make a trip to the doc.

Thank You

- John

I really want to know what did you find out about this whole situation.

I am dealing with the same thing - lump in throat that causes a lot of pain for me. Sometimes, it is really hard for me to swallow and I don't know what to do.

I believed that this will go away, but guess that I was wrong. I think that I can feel this lump in my throat and I can say that size of it is really big.

I can read that a lot of people think that this is because of stress or anxiety, but I don't think so. 

What did you find out? I am curious because two days ago I woke up with a lump in my throat. Feels like a ball of bread is sitting in the base of my throat.

about 2 months ago i had bronchitis all is gone now as of late i found pea size lump im my lower throat it hurts to swallow every time i feel my neck where it is and i feel lump from outside lump is inside im petrified do i have cancer am i gonna die i am 56 and i smoke only once in a while maybe 1 pack every 2 weeks

I had this sensation for over 6 months, sometimes couldn't swallow and mouth would be dry and sometime found it difficult to breathe, turns out with a little investigation that i was allergic to peanuts and as i love peanut butter and used to eat it almost daily has this sensation daily, now just one day without peanuts and already the sensation is going.

The other night it was so bad you could almost see the lump popping out of my neck, but now its much better.

Keep a food diary and log in it everything you ate and how your throat feels afterwards, it could be an allergic reaction to something.  Of course go to docs and get it checked out, if it is something serious the sooner you go the sooner you recover.

Good luck

"hi iv had a felling like there something stuck between the centre of my chest to the top of my throut, its hurts sometimes and everytimes i eat or drink i can fell it past by, it could be nothing at all but i getting worried now because its been on going now for a wile can you help