I saw my oncologist on yesterday and she discovered a lump in my collarbone near throat. I now have an appointment to see the surgeon and he will probably be doing a biopsy. The oncologist told me not to worry, she says it could be a result of the mastectomy and radiation, but I know it can also be a sign that the cancer is spreading. Is there anyone else with a lump in their collarbone?

You are right; I have experience with such situation. During my chemotherapy, through radiation and even now, 5 years later, my oncologist check my collarbone for exactly that reason. My oncologist told me that the collarbone area near throat is a very common area for recurrence. I was told that even before I had radiation. One of the other places I remember them checking was my wrists. This was soon after my diagnosis and throughout chemo, radiation and into my first few months on drugs. I can only tell that is an area to be watched too. Take care.

I discovered a moderatley large lump/bump/cyst/tumor ON my collar bone shortly after my former boyfriend roughed me up one night. The lump appears approx 1" in width and 1" in height. There is slight pain and it seems to refer to my shoulder. I have not been diagnosed with cancer nor am I on chemo therapies or any kind. Anyone heard of this?

Ite been awhile since these posts were posted. Ive discovered a lump about the size of an olive, above my left collar bone. I have had no chemo, or any cancer related symptoms. ALthough this could indicate to be one. I will be seeing a specialist, as the lump has not gone in the last 3 and half months. Ive seen two doctors, one says it could be the lymph gland, and the other says it could be a cyst! I hope its a cyst, even though i know i will end up getting a biopsy! eeeek!

:-( :-( Hi I am a 28-year ld female.I also have a lump on my collarbone
near throat.I have been suffering frm strange symptoms and that doctors
cannot find out what is wrong.I have a feeling of something stuck in my throat and difficulty breathing.when i breathe in I have a popping sensation in my throat.Do you have any idea what could be happening?

I am a 48 year old female, I find a lump on my collar bone near the joint that fits to the sterno bone, I have been to several doctors and had x-rays and ct scans and found nothing this has been there since July. I sometimes have pain on the right side of neck going all the way down to elbow. I have recentley in the last 2 weeks have started having trouble swallowing, feels like something in my throat at the botton behind collar bone, not sure what to do.

Did anyone find any answers on this subject? I have a doctor telling me mine is a fat pad?

i have the same lump in my collarbone where the joint connects by my neck. ive been to the doctor and they took x rays but they couldnt give me an explanation. it hurts from my left side of my neck to my elbow. this has been like this since feb.. im getting sooooooooo sick of this

I just discovered a lump near my collarbone and close to that little hollow in the neck. It really scared me so I have made an appointment. I sure hope mine ends up being a fat pad! I am overweight so that option is quite possible. I don't know how long it has been there but prior to finding this I have had tingling and numbness in my tongue and lips for about 2 months. I hope someone here has some answers. I can't get into the dr. till two weeks from now.

I have had a lump on my collar bone since i was about 5 years old. My mom took me to the doctor and they told her it was a double collar bone and that she didn't have to do anything with it unless it was hurting me. It hasn't gave me any pain till about a month ago which now i am 26 years old. So I will be going back to my doctor soon to see what he says

I'm 19, and I've had a lump on my collar bone on the left-front side for a few years, and when I told my mom, told me it could be from cracking my neck too much, and she told me a story about a guy she met in the hospital (she used to work at the hospital) who had a stroke because the lump cut off the circulation of a vein. I've been doing intense working out with a weighted vest lately, and have noticed that the right side of my neck felt pinched on a vein (it hurt), then I found another lump around that area! It's a little scary, I wonder if I should see a doctor about it.

I have a lump on my collar bone..Before I had this pain in my arm, like a stabbing...As soon as the lump came up it went...I asked my physio about this she said it was nothing to worry about...I went to the emergancy doc aswell as it was hurting so much one time...and they said that it was an old collor bone break...I was like huh? I didnt even no that I had broken my collar bone...but like I am...I still worry...its really hard and it feels like a bone! I dont think it has grown...but im still worried...has anyone had anything similiar?

Hello all, I am surprised to hear a lot of people with the same symptoms as me. I too have a swollen collar bone and pain in my left shoulder. I've had this pain for months now and it is getting worse. I have an appointment on Friday for a bone scan of the affected areas and as soon as I get some answers I will post it. My doctor did give me Diclofenac Sodium 75mg to take twice daily which I was reluctant to take, however they seem to give some relief. I will pray for you all tonight and that we are delivered from these pains.

I have had a lump on my collarbone, left side, since 2000. this lump is a recurrence of the ovarian cancer i had in 1980. also had lumps in my left armpit in 1998 (yes, also a recurrence from ovarian cancer). they are new lumps in "non-ovarian locations" but still have "ovarian" cancer cells in them. my collarbone lump was radiated (for 18 minutes) back in 2000 when it appeared, but they choose NOT to remove it. my family doctor now thinks it's grown since the radiation, and sent me to a surgeon. they are hesitant to remove it, because this type of surgery is very tricky to begin with because of all the nerves and arteries, etc. in the neck, however even moreso in my case because that lump has been there for 8 years and is now grown onto and attached to everything else. i have experienced weird things on my left side for the past year -- numbness in my face, a weird sensation in my head, blacking out in one eye, numbness in my left arm and leg....they could not find a cause for all these symptoms, but now that i'm told this lump is growing, i am certain it is to blame.

Hi, Sharon. I'm very curious about your post. A couple of years ago I was diagnosed with a dermoid tumor on my left ovary. I was told it was part simple and a large part complex. Solid with posterior shadowing. Having worked for a radiology group previously, I was quite concerned, but was told it was nothing to worry about. I followed up last year; no changes. However, within the past few months, I have developed a lump in my throat, a lump in my armpit, possibly one in my lower back, and a skin rash that just won't go away. I am also very fatigued and have gained a lot of weight; despite a loss of appetite. I experience numbness in my arm and fingers and also sometimes in my legs and toes. I also am belching all the time. I am worried and am wondering if you would share your expereince with symptoms of your ovarian cancer and your thoughts with me? I find it interesting that the ovarian cells are elsewhere. I didn't know that could happen. I should probably share with you too that I have had cryo to remove abnormal cervical cells twice and recently had blood work done that showed elevated levels of something in my white blood count (I can't remember the term). I feel as if sometimes the doctors dismiss things that possibly they should be paying more attention too - as I'm sure you understand. Any feedback you would be willing to provide would be more than greatly appreciated. I am concerned and want to do my homework on this. Thank you and I hope this finds you doing better and enjoying the holidays!