Ok, so here goes. I am 32 yrs old. Mother of 3. About 9 months ago I started with chronic pain in my neck. I thought I was just over working myself, so 2 months later my husband treated me to 2 massages. The masseuse pointed out that I had a very hard and slightly swollen lymph node in my neck. The pain has continued, but you know how we are as parents, we worry about us last.

So, neck pain has now moved into neck and shoulder pain. I thought maybe a pinched nerve or bursitis. Now, the node is larger and harder than before. It is in the right side of my neck and now all the nodes on the right side are swollen and other is getting hard. It feels like these 2 lymph nodes are stationary and do not move at all. The shoulder pain is getting significantly worse and now my hand is going numb. I am sleeping very little, though I am exhausted all the time. I even catnap when the baby is sleeping because I am so tired.

Went to my PCP and they ran a blood test and took a chest x-ray. Both clear. They are sending me for a CT scan. She said she is concerned about Hodgkins or Non-Hodgkins. I don't have night sweats but I seem to be over-heating very very easily these days.

The final straw was last night. I did not sleep at all. The pain in my arm was so intense, my arm kept falling asleep and now my right thumb is completely numb. I am frustrated and worried all at the same time. I am just so tired and need answers. I called and left a message for the doctor and they have not called back yet. Has anyone had painful symptoms in the neck or shoulder from either of those lymphomas? Please help.

well, I had my CAT scan yesterday. They said we should know something by tomorrow.

I have new symptoms that have started. I thought it was from some medication that I took, but now I am not so sure after reading some articles on the net. I know, bad choice to self-diagnosis.

I took a pain pill subscribed by my doc for the shoulder pain. I did not have any allergic reactions that night and as a matter of fact I told my husband that I normally get really itchy on hydrocodone, but this new pill actually took the pain away and no itches were present. Next morning I felt like I was hit by a truck. I was sick. Throwing up and not able to keep anything down. By last night I was so itchy everywhere I thought I would go out of my mind. It has now been more than 36 hours since I took the pill and I am going crazy with the itches. Is this a side-effect of the drug just taking effect 24 hours later or is this the itching from a lymphoma?

I can't wait for them to get the results in tomorrow so that I actually know what is going on. I am too frustrated to be scared at this point. I just need answers.

Hi, I read your post and was curious to find out how you are feeling now? Keeping you in my prayers!

Well, haven't really received any more information yet. I went for a CAT scan and found out that there are multiple swollen nodes in my neck which concerned my PCP. She is sending me to an ENT for a biopsy.

Since my last post, I have developed a very serious itching that does not go away with benedryl. My pain in my shoulder comes and goes now, but I have found that I am having that same strange pain from my shoulder appearing in my opposite hip. It is there for a day or two and then leaves as mysteriously as it came. Doctor said she does not have any reason to believe that it is related to arthritis, since it didn't show up on the tests.

So, I don't know where it is right now. I know in my heart that God will use this experience to grow my faith and maybe the faith of those around me.

Thanks for your prayers. God bless you!

Have you found any out about this yet? What's the update?
I've been having painful lymph nodes for 4 years, only recently did an ENT biopsy one in my throat. I don't have the results yet.

Hope you got good news.

Have had swollen lymph nodes or salivary glands for 3 1/2 yrs. Anxious to know results of your biopsy. Hope you are doing well.

Have you rec'd the results of biopsy yet? I've had painful lymph nodes/salivary glands for 3 1/2 yrs.

What made them want to biopsy?

Liz

Liz are you referring to a biopsy that you have gotten or are you asking about someone else's biopsy? I imagine that because someone would have a painful endocrine system that a doctor would do a biopsy to make sure that the pain is not due to cancer or something like that, but it would also help determine what the issue could possibly be. Keep us posted on how you're doing. Thanks!