fr som months i have had a sore throat, swelling throat and sore ears. I also blow blood out of my nose. i was treated with amaxicillin for sinus infection last week but ear and throat pain are still there its been going on for around a year. i also have a lum at the back/side of my neck that moves. my doc said its nothing to worry about and that its a gland. i have tried antihistimines and this does not help. doctor does not seem to worried but i am. any advice?
thanks x

My father had the same symptoms about a year ago. He had a biopsy done on the lump. The doctor wanted to do exploratory surgery and my father declined after the "lump" drained and went away. Recently we found out it was a cancerous tumor on the back of his tongue that caused all that. He now has a PEG feeding tube and a tracheostomy. He is going through Chemotherapy and radiation to shrink the tumor. We hope this works. It is already in Stage 4, so I would suggest that you go see another doctor to get a second opinion on your condition.

I currently have similar symptoms and have had them for a long time and doctors just don't seem to care. So I insisted on blood tests which i'm yet to see results of and an x-ray which revealed my bowel was full and possibly blocked. I'm not sure if this is what is causing my symptoms but I was told that as the bowel was so backed up that it can cause acid reflux which causes the sensation of a lump in your throat and also a strange burning feeling in your mouth. My whole side of my face cheeks and ear and gum also seem to be affected by this. At first they thought it was gall stones which causes similar symptoms but x-rays found this and no gall stones. Not saying that this is what it could be but Im just suggesting that you look further into it than just in the head area as I was definitely not expecting mine to be my bowel. I was positive I had tonsilitis or something as my tonsils are even red but all the red and itchiness in mouth and throat could well be caused by the acid coming up from my stomach. I hope you find answers as I know how frustrating it can be

I suffered from chronic sinusitis all my life and antibiotics do not cure sinus infections. its also seems to occur more in people who have carpet in their homes. any doctor should know that. you need to try oil pulling or gargling with a strong mouth wash everytime you eat, drink or smoke. the reasons your ears and nose are hurting is due to the fact that the infection may have invaded your auditory tubes (there are tubes connecting your throat, nose and ears all together) and its possible to have an infection in all of them. another possible sign of sinusitis is if you find your shoulders and lower back sore also. ask your doctor and try googling sinusitis and oil pulling. i have found oil pulling to be one of the best treatments i have tried. i am not a doctor. i am just speaking from lots of sinus problem experience.

I'd go to another doctor and see what he says.