For the past 5 months+ i have had a weird throat problem. it feels like a lump stuck in my throat halfway down the left side. it seems to come and go but never really leaves. some days its more swollen, others i can hardly feel it. along with the throat pain i get headaches, and ear aches on the same side of my head. i used to be an avid smoker for about 3 years but am only 22-years old and cant see this being throat cancer. i have been to the ENT many times, and had a CT scan done on my throat and nasal cavities. this came back without any results and all my ENT specialist can conclude is that "you dont have cancer", advising me to use saline salt sprays for my nose. this is really frustrating and i have been worried this entire time. the feeling like something is stuck in my throat has not left and i get a weird pain along my left jaw as well, as though the bone itself is sensitive in a specific spot. any help would be awesome.

i got the same thing. im on my 9th week. It all started with a flu virus i believe. got fever, aches, cough and cold. It lasted for a week or so. But the throat thing has been on and off. I believe its that nasty virus going around. and now its in my throat. it stays for a while then leaves and comes back. Everytime it comes back its not as bad as before. the throat lump in the back is also not as bad. 5 weeks into this infection i went to see the doc and he gave me the standard 5day zpack. It got rid of everything but the 'lump stuck in throat' feeling comes back every few days. but not as bad as the last time around. It must be viral. My boss got an infeciton flu/pneumonia and hes about 3 months in it also.

All we can do is wait it out.

I have had a lump sensation on the left side of my throat for over 3 years now. I have been to many specialists that run all of the common tests, CT Scans and MRIs and the camera down the throat, etc. They all say that it's not cancer, but are never really interested in pursuing what it actually stems from. I try and ignore it, but it's becoming more and more difficult to believe that this will ever go away by itself. Has anyone else had this problem that persisted for years??

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I am in the 4th month of this 'lump in the throat' thing which must,due to others reports, be a virus. Recently I've had, added to this aches and pains in my chest and back which is scary and am awaiting results of a chest x ray just to make sure as the doctor said. Sometimes I feel the lump in thraot feeling has crept donn right into my chesy which is awful but usually find I have 'acid reflux' which is also being reported with this virus - it's all extremely nervewracking isn't it - have other people had the chest and back aches, would be relieved to hear it.

I've been experiencing something very similar to everyone else here for the last 2-2 1/2 months... Though the lump in my throat normally is on right side, sometimes feel it on left side too or only left side... My ears have been very sensitive and ache with a dull pain (again, going from left to right, with right ear hurting the most)... Seems to get better then gets worse again, etc... However, hasn't increased in severity or anything (unless what happened tonight is from it)

I too had a very bad cold/flu before this started, my mom has been complaining of same thing for about 4 months too (same symptoms of myself and sounds same as what everyone here is saying)...

However, tonight while I was eating, my jaw popped (never like this before) on the left side and now my left ear and jaw joint is hurting pretty good... I also can feel drainage in my throat (itchy throat) right after jaw popped and still going on now. My ear feels hollow (sound has a sea shell sound) and though feels open, kind of aches.

I have the some of the same symptoms. The lump in my throat comes and goes. At some points it really awful and it almost feels like it's spread into my ears and causing a lot of pressure in there. During the times when it is at it's worst, I feel soreness and tension in my neck and back and sometimes my arms feel weak or tingly. I've never had any type of real pain, just soreness. Eventually this all subsides and sometimes I feel completely normal. This has been happening to me for exactly one week. I have no idea what it is or why it's happening.

hi guys just recently a week ago after i ate i felt a lump in my throat and the first day it happened i was really scared because i looked on the net and thought it was cancer but because i suffer from anxiety disorder i assume the worst. anyway a week later i went to my doctor who said nothing was swollen and it is due to stress, its funny because on the day it happened i felt content and nothing was bothering me.
i still cannot stop thinking about it and sometimes it feels like its gone but then sometimes when i swallow hard its back, my neck muscles feel tight also. I duno what to do i feel to get a second opinion. I keep burping alot too and when i drink cold water i feel it more. anyone else have similar symptoms. I know a symptom of anxiety is a feelin of a lump in the throat.

I would look at the larger picture.

Thyroid conditions, can a sensation of a lump in the throat. Also
you should get your teeth checked.

I had the same pain, I turned out to have elevated thyroid antiboides, (hashimotos) which I treat with a restricted raw diet, and 2 abcessed teeth which I got root canaled.
Sometimes its not always the ENT stuff. Generally I find them to be clueless about these things.

hey guys,
i have the same thing for almost 4 months. I 've had all of the tests and all are negative, thyroid, reflux, bla bla. Its from the flu and its part of the virus that just won't go away. You should drink 2 gallons of water a day,or as much as you can, with up to 3-5 grams of vitimin c as well as 3 tablespoons of braggs apple cider vinegar with 8 ounces of water 3 times per day. The braggs vinegar will stop the virus from living within yours cells which are to alkaline to inhabit. I've taken braggs for years and suddenly stopped when I got sick as well as stopped the c and water. This stuff really works , I've recently started again and in two days I feel alot better. post back after you have tried this for a week and let me know if it worked.
good luck.

I have it, too, same exact thing, painful lumpy feeling on the left side of my throat, way down in my neck, sometimes with ear and head aches, comes and goes. It's been 6 months now. For a while I was gargling with cayenne and Bragg's apple cider vinegar, and it really helped a lot, but as soon as I stopped, it came back. Then I tried eating raw garlic and that helped a lot also, and I thought i was cured, but after a week or so it came back again. It doesn't seem to be contagious, as my husband never catches it. I'm going to try the apple cider vinegar as suggested above, and I'll post back after a while. If anyone finds a cure, do let us know! Thanks!

It sounds quite a bit to me like you're suffering from allergies. Allergies can cause a pain in the back of the throat like that s well as headaches and earaches. I'd recommend going to an allergist about it or at least trying with zyrtec or something that's OTC for allergies. I hope that this helps!

I too suffer from the lump in throat feeling, achy jaw, stuffy ear on the left side of my body. I also sometimes find it hard to take a deep breath and I feel a slight pressure (inside) at the top of my stomach and I burp a lot. Like everyone else it all comes and goes. I was wondering do any of you have sleep apnea and use a CPAP machine and/or suffer from anxiety? I haven't had the flu recently but I have moved to a new state and have been unemployed for 2 months living on credit to feed my family. I also suffer from seasonal allergies. WOW when laid out like this I sound like a huge mess. As soon as my insurance from my new job kicks in I am going to see a doctor. I prefer naturopaths. Has anyone taken their symptoms to a naturopathic doctor?

I think that might be a really good idea to go to a neuropathic doctor as well. DOes anyone have any experience with that? I would like to hear how it goes as well.

I have the same thing but just for a week now. I have the same symptoms like what were mentioned above. I searched over the internet about stuff on lumps in your throat, and luckily I have found one that helped me. According to that video, this sort of lump is due to stress or strain from your neck where your glottis is having spasmodic episodes. If you will notice you wont feel the lump whenever you are eating or swallowing coz it's doing its normal function. The best thing to do is do use a therapeutic pillow when you sleep to lessen the strain from your neck. Also you can try to extend your neck and while your face is facing the ceiling, pretend that you are kissing someone like smacks. You can do it 12 times and then turn your head left kiss again 12times and then to the right. After which you have to massage the back of your neck. Here's how it's done, rotate your head to left side and then put you hand on the right side of your neck. Apply a little pressure while your head is facing front. and then do the same thing on the other side. You should do it in the morning and before you sleep. Mine went away however I didn't change my pillow so I still feel the strain on my neck. I hope it helps... Oh and also avoid drinking cold and hot drinks...

I am glad I'm not the only one with this! I notice it gets much worse after eating and if I stress over it. I always have to remind myself it's not cancer! I really worry about that. I am going to try the vinegar thing and get back to you. I notice that it came with the flu and never went away. I have acid reflux but I take a couple trhings for it but it only helps a little. My throat gets tight right below my adams apple and I also have something like a hair on my throat! Please send help!!!