my best friend has just told me that she has a lump in her throat she went for blood tests which showed nothing. She has got to go for a biopsy. what are the chances of this being cancer? :-(

Lumps are usually side effects of some underlying condition. If your friend does not have any infections in the throat then there is a chance that it might be cancer. However you and him should not jump to any conclusions before doctor does the biopsy.

Has he had any problems with his tonsils? If he had a cold or maybe some other infection, like steph infection it could easily cause the lump to appear on the neck. It is important to find the main cause of the lump and treat the cause. When the treatment is finished the lump will disappear as well.

I think it is important that your friend don’t panic and try to be positive as much as he can.