I started taking anabolic steroids and recently noticed a lump on my left testicle. I went to get an ulatrasound and there were two lumps right near each other. It is painful if pressure is applied. The doctor sed they were harmful cysts. I didn;t tell him nething about the steroids because he is a close family friend. Could steroids have caused this and is there any reason i should get off of them?

Hi there! There is a very good reason steroids are illegal. Have you checked for steroids impacts on overall health before you started taking it?

If taken for a long periods of times, anabolics could have negative effects on every system in the body. However, short term side effects could be as devastating but luckily often reversible.
Males could suffer severe problems with reproductive system as anabolics could lead to shrinkage of the testicles, decrease sperm production and even cause infertility.
If taken by teenagers, they could cause stunt growth, enlarge heart muscles. Steroids could make your mood swing making you more aggressive.
Besides muscles you may grow tits. This is called gynecomastia and it could only be removed by surgery, and I really don’t think you would like that. They look like fatty tits, and no work out could reverse this image.
If you have a history of baldness in your family, count on becoming bald yourself.
As for the cysts inside your scrotum….yes, I suppose it could be another side effect of anabolics as they cause fluid retention and this could have influenced for the fluid to be accumulated inside your testicles.
Anabolic steroids are only prescribed for those men who have natural lack of testosterone. Knowing all possible side effects I would say that the risks outweigh the benefits in this case.
What did your doc suggested to do about the cysts?

He suggested that they should go away on their own. I am using an anti estrogen so i am not worried about all the other side effects. Is there any way that the cysts could turn into tumors??

Well, there are two kinds of cysts: hydroceles and spermatoceles. You didn’t say which of these you had developed. Hydrocele is a fluid ( sterile salt water that may contain blood)collected in the scrotum while spermatocele is a cyst that contains sperm and arises from epididymis.
A tumor is a mass of either tissue or overgrown cells, so cysts don’t turn into tumors.

Neither of these cysts require treatment unless they start causing discomfort or problems.
For example, hydroceles can diminish circulation and possible lead to atrophy ie shrinkage. Spermatoceles should be removed only if they begin to grow and become too annoying.

As for the steroids….are you making breaks between cycles? How long do your cycles last? Another thing I heard about anti-estrogens is that they are not 100% guarantee against b***h tits aka gynecomastia.

Hi everyone, I am reading your posts about this interesting topic, and I decided to write my friend's experience. Actually he used different steroids for two months every Monday, because he competes in weightlifting for more than five years. Last year he saw lump on testicles, and he and his family was very scared because they knew for his using steroids, and all of them thought he got a cancer. According to it he visit a dermatologist who said that he should not be worried because it is probably an acne, because it was a little bit reddish. So don't be scared to early.

Steroids / testosterone do not contribute to formation of cysts ....teenagers should never make us of anabolic steroids is not a medicine to mess with. However most of the symptoms you mentioned occur in persons who make heavy use of steroids which include large doses or cocktails. As for the aggressiveness (Roid rage) it was never proven in any proper conducted scientific study. Many people I know who make use of steroids do not show any signs of abnormal behaviour, they retain a stable composure even when angered and are able to keep their composure and act in a civil way. Alcohol and work stress are the main contributors to aggressiveness and not steroids !!