hi im a 42 year old male, i have had an ache in my right testicle for over a year, i went to the doc who said not to worry about it, but now its getting smaller, maybe half its original size and the ache is worse do i go back to the doc or do i just ignore it.

Testicle shrinkage a.k.a testicular atrophy could be due to many things but should not be neglected, that is for sure and I would say visiting a doc is essential.
Not only will the testicle shrink in size but its function may be impaired as well and if the problem’s found on time, it may be reversed. However, that is not always the case and the damage may be permanent.
If you have been taking certain medications, like anabolic steroids, corticosteroids or some chemotherapy drugs, they could be your cause.
If you have ever injured your testicles, it could have contributed to testicular shrinkage.
If you have had a surgery done near by, blood supply could have been cut, which resulted in t. shrinkage.
It could also be varicocele, which is dilation of the vein that brings blood to the testicles due to blood accumulations.
You could even have atherosclerosis but nothing precisely can be said without proper examination.

i concur with those of you who have had some shrinkage down below, penis and balls. my pride is so hurt. i used to take pride in myself. even though i am abstinent and have been for over 10 years, i prided myself for being well hung. any docs out there that can pinpoint? i work out, that could be the problem. i use n o 2, that could be the problem. i use a supplement of creatine, that could be the problem. someone help. thankyou.

hurt pride :-(

I have large balls and they seem to b e getting smaller. I can certainly tell and my girl noticed after I mentioned it. Why is this happening?? I am 42 years old and it's sort of bugging me. Thanks.. Paul

Do you think that your condom killed your sperms in your testicle? Mine think so.

how would blood be cut off from the testicles

Testicular torsion is one way.

I had the same in my 30s my right testicle got a bump on it and very sore over the years it shrunk to about 1/2 it's size doctor told me not to worry about it but I do