about six years ago i found a lump on the top of my right testicle. I went to the doctor to get it checked and they told me that it could be a number of different things. They also told me to keep an eye on it and check its size for any variation. lately, my right testicle has been sore, but it almost feels that the soreness is behind my testicle. the lump is the same size as it was six years ago, but i don't even know if it is related to the soreness. Has anyone else experienced this soreness? What can I do to stop it? What do you think it could be?

Thank you!

It could be the lump if it were spermatocele. Spermatocele usually appear on top of testicles, they are actually on the epididymis that is on top and at the back of testicles.
The thing is that these spermatoceles are rarely painful and rarely cause any discomfort but maybe you have caught some sort of infection in the epididymis, and it may hurt now.

Epididymitis usually hurts quite a big deal and may even be associated with fever. It is a bacterial infection. Bacteria most commonly comes from gastrointestinal tract, through the anus and genitor-urinary tract to the testicles and that could be the cause of your discomfort.

Another thing that could be causing discomfort and be situated on top of testicles or little bit above them is varicocele, swollen veins in the spermatic cord.

I sound just like those doctors (although I am not) - It could be many things. The only way to know for sure is to have it checked by the same old doctors or other ones.

if it is epididymitis, will it go away or do i need to get it checked out? I also recently pulled my groin muscle slightly and i didn't know if that would be connected to the muscles behind the testicle (because it's on the same side).

If it were epididymitis, it wouldn't go away on its own, you would need a treament, otherwise it could get comlicated.

It is always better to consult a professional - in my opinion!