I am 39 and discovered a bean shape lump at the top of my right testicle about 15 months ago. At both sides of the lump are two other lumps that seem connected to the bigger lump. At the middle of the testicle are two other smaller lumps-one like a pea and the other like a grin of sand. Whenever i squeeze one of the lupms especially the one at the middle the pain is felt in the right flank of my abdomen. There have been series of symptoms that make me worry. I have suffered high blood pressure, bloated or gaseous stomach, abdomenal pain, chest pain, upper back pain, tireness in the neck, headache, pain in the right leg, vomiting and nuseau. Although some of these symptoms have seized, the upper back pain and fatigue continue. I visited many doctors on so many ocassions but none have been able to convinced me. One doctor told me it was an epididymitis and that it would go away but I still have it. I had a scan and the doctor told me it was a solid lump but he did not know what it was and that it did not look cancerous. Recently, another doctor examined my testicle and said the lump was the epididymis and said he was pretty sure of that. Since I live in a third world country with one of the poorest health systems, I dont trust the doctor's diagnosis. This continues to worry me day and night and fear that it is a cancer given the symptoms. Is there any one with the same condition?

You could try to seek a medical assessment from a teaching hospital at your country's medical school. Your own worrying is giving you a lot of mental stress, which then makes you feel fatigued/tired and generally unwell. Also, by squeezing and pressing on these lumps often, you may end up inadvertently causing more damage, so avoid any unnecessary squeezing of these lumps and bumps.

If you have epididymitis, then a urine test would confirm whether it's bacterial or not. One is usually given a week's worth of antibiotics to see if it will resolve that way. A Doppler ultrasound scan of your scrotum may yield some information as to what the lumps and bumps may be - they could be cysts, spermatoceles, hydroceles, varicoceles. A cancerous lump is on the testicle itself and it feels hard. On the ultrasound scan, the radiologist will describe them as "calculi" or "microlithiasis"/"microcalcifications." Also, the doctor should request blood tests to rule out cancer.

If the lump is not on or inside the testicle itself, its not likely to be testicular cancer. Its more likely to be one of the various lumps mentioned in the previous post which usually don't cause any problems or need any treatments unless they hurt or get too big in size and become a bother to you hanging big.