I was diagnosed with lupus in 2004. I started out at 120-125 pounds and now I am up to 160+. I have tried jenny craig and weight watchers to lose weight nothing seems to work. I was wondering if it would be safe to try the Acai berry detox. I also wanted to ask if it would be alright to try a colon cleanse.I need help please dont say more excercise its hard enough to get out of bed there has to be something I can do.
Thanks

Hello there lovely123336,

Unfortunately it is very hard to manage lifestyle when it comes to Lupus. First of all it is probably that medications you are taking making you overweight. So the first thing you should do is consult your doctor about this and maybe try to switch to some other therapy. My mother is underweight, but this has happened after she has switched therapy and before that she was overweight as well. So basically there is no win win situation when it comes to Lupus.

Regarding exercising it would be beneficial for you because if you have some joint issue exercising will help you to reduce pain because sometimes even medications aren’t working the way they supposed to.