Hello, folks. I have recently discovered that my friend suffers from lupus. I hear that it is very serious illness and I am especially interested whether it can cause depression. What do you know about this subject? I would like to thank to all of those who answer my post. Bye!

Hello. You are right. Lupus is indeed a serious illness. It is a systemic auto-immune disease which affects various organs. Since it has a serious progress and prognosis, it is natural that people are worried about their possible outcome. It all depends on a character of a patient whether he will fall into depression. On the other hand, lupus can affect brain. In that case, depression can be a manifestation of the CNS vasculitis. There are some cognitive problems which patient may feel. You know he best the character of your friend. Is he a fighter or not?

Hi, my names kaleigh and i have lupus and i am 14 years old. I am depressed on how i look. Red rashes on my face,Getting sick all the time, You feel crummy everyday, never get enough sleeps, joints hurt all the time, and just how i look. but i have my friends and thats all i need. Friends are everything right? Am i am glad you are helping her. !