Hi, I was very surprised when my son's teacher called me yesterday from school. She says that my son was bullying smaller kids. I found this impossible to believe because my son is very obedient and does all of his house choirs. What can you tell me about teenage bullying? I am a single mom, I don't have too much time to spend with my kids. Should I blame myself for my son's behavior?

Hi, I know a thing or two about teenage bullying, but from a different prospective than yours. My son was being bullied for two years by a much bigger class mate. I am a single mother too, so I know what you are talking about. You spend so much time working that you fail to notice your children psychological state. Like you I was also unaware of what was going on in my son's life. One day a teacher called me from school saying my son tried to attack the boy who was bullying him with a knife. I was shocked. When we asked him why he did it, he said he couldn't take the bullying anymore and he decided to put a stop to it. After many hours of counseling my son recuperated and was back to himself again. I transferred him to a school where teachers paid much more attention to children's behavior. I also made an effort to talk to my son more often and to try to be aware of what is going on in his life. I would say that basically, there is not much of a difference when it comes to children who are bullies. We were all to blame, not just the parents, but the school teachers as well. I don't believe that this was the first time your son bullied someone. Maybe the teacher just didn't notice this behavior earlier, but neither did you. The only thing I could advise you is to talk to your son more often about his life. Go to teacher parents meetings all of the time. If the problematic behavior continues, maybe some kind of professional help would be useful.

the more u pressure a child in his early childhood, the pressure he feels insides bursts out like a volcano when they reach adolescence

I don't really have an answer for this, but try to find evidence.

I hope this helped. :)