My lips swell on and off for about a yeay now,Sometimes i get hives too.When my lip swells,it get very large,and stays that way for hours.Before my lip swells.i get tingling all over.What do you think it is

My husband has a very similar issue and we can't figure out what it is. It started about 2 months ago. We went out to dinner with some friends and came home to his entire body being covered in hives. We figured it was an allergic reaction and he took Benadryl -- slight signs in the morning of hives but mostly gone. Then this happened the next 4 days in a row at night. Since then he has had the hives every night, if not every other night. He now also gets them on his eyelids and lower eyes. In the last month, his lips have started to swell up. First the top one a few different times and then last night his bottom one to be followed by full body hives. It is the strangest thing. He went to the doctor a month ago who claimed the hives were stress induced -- we noticed they would pop up when he started working on finances or work related stuff, or even if we get in a minor argument. BUT, the lip swelling came out of nowhere. The doctor put him on Celexa, Zyrtec and gave him Klonopin for anxiety. He takes them all and still gets the hives and now swollen lips. Although he claims he isn't even stressed or upset about anything. WE don't know what to do and I'm trying to mark the days and times that it occurs. We have 2 cats, but have had them over a year and this just started. He tends to get the swollen lips now after drinking beer, but not always. I am wondering if it has anything to do with a sodium allergy or alcohol allergy. PLEASE HELP me, I need some options or anyone who is having the same issue or similar and what can we do!!!!!

I have had this condition for nearly 11 years. I get hives almost every night and my lips swell sometimes. It's really bad when I get too cold or hot. I've been taking a benedryl every night for 10 years. The only time I don't get hives is during pregnancy. I get hives on my face, thighs, hands, neck, and painful ones on the bottom of my feet. I was told I was allergic to seafood, but I guess that's not it seeing how I haven't eaten it in 10 years.

omg i going through it right now. im searching the internet right now to find some sort of relief other then benadryl/ as i type my top lip is so damn huge i can bite the whole thing and the hives around my neck and hands are killing me. i have only ever been allergic to seafood, peanuts and strawberries but this has been on going for 2 weeks now. ive changed my diet, soap, lotion, makeup and nothing is making it go away. HELP!!! Im in pain!

omg this is happening to me right now too! ugh my lips are swollen i think its because of proactiv =.= im going to the doctor tomorrow but idk what they are going to give me my mouth KILLs.