I have one years old daughter. She got eczema and now I’m terrified. She has never had it before. Probably she is allergic to something that she ate recently. I think that is chocolate. I’m wondering can chocolate give you eczema? Does anybody know is this possible and what I should do? Thanks!

Yes, it’s possible. As I know the commonest food allergies in eczema are: milk, eggs, peanuts and chocolate. My daughter also had same problem and she didn’t eat chocolate until she didn’t start to go to school. You should go to skin specialist for consulting. Don’t worry, it’s nothing dangerous.

i am 15 years old and i hav had eczema since i was born....
eczema reacts wit sweet intake....eczema can tend to get worse..
diffferent eczema has different problems..
plz be careful of wht u feed ur daughter...go in for an allergy test fo ur daughter...n wht ever she is allergic to dont feed her that..
the more u avoid the allergic things hte better ur daughters skin will get..

plz also contact a dermotologist...n yea dont depend on alot of medications...feed ur daughter alot of water it is gud fo the skin,..
:-) i really hope ur daughter feels better...i knw how it feels :-)

I know this thread is old but, for me, chocolate does cause eczema. Chocolate is very high in nickel and I have a reaction within a day of eating it. I try to stay on a low nickel diet. Nuts, seeds, oats, beans, peas, lettuce and wheat bran are all fairly high in nickel. I've spent years trying to eat all the foods I thought were healthly for me while battling flare-ups with strong prescription steriod creams only to find out those foods were the cause. It's hard at first to stop and think about what you're eating, but it's definitely worth it.

I had suffered from eczema for years without knowing why.
One day I decided to stop eating chocolates.
The eczema cleared up and has never come back.
I have avoided chocolates ever since.
My cure for eczema is to never eat chocolates again.
Problem solved.

i esed diprison for my daughter and it clears up for a long time.

I use diproson and it helps

http://www.flawlessprogram.com/2013/12/04/chocolate-is-bad-for-eczema-truth-or-medical-dogma/ I know this is old, but the link above is pretty informative. Agree w others that wheat, dairy, sugar are eczema offenders!