Hello, folks. My friend has been diagnosed with tuberculosis and he is hospitalized. I know that the treatment is complex, so I will have to know what the estimated time is for the use of TBC drugs. Can anyone tell me this? I will really appreciate all your help considering this. Thanks.

Hello. You are right. Treating of tuberculosis is complex and lasts for a longer period. Some estimated time can be around 6 months. It is very important to take your medicine every day. Keep it on some obvious place in order not to forget it. Only in this way, you can kill all the bacteria. Otherwise, they can survive and you won’t be cured. Your friend should discuss this with his doctor. Good luck to him!

Hi. Tuberculosis is a serious infection and should be treated in that way. It is very important to be disciplined with this therapy. As far as I know, 2 months is a minimum of the therapy lasting. If you feel better after these two months, doctor may recommend smaller dose. But even if you are better, you should continue with the treatment in order to kill all the bacteria. Otherwise, they may survive and make some complications later. I hope your friend will be all right. Good luck with all! Bye!