Hello, folks. My friend has been diagnosed Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia. Among other things, he is recommended to use steroids. I would like to hear something more about your experiences with steroid therapy in this disease. I would appreciate if anyone could help me with this. Your help is more than welcomed. Thanks.

Hello, there. I used steroids due to my last year pneumocystis carinii infection of my lungs. Steroids are used as concomitant therapy with antibiotics. The role of steroids is to reduce the inflammation. The main role in curing this disease belongs to sulfa-containing antibiotics. I must admit that I haven’t experienced some larger side effects of steroids. Nevertheless, I followed my doctor’s instructions. If you notice some side effect, report it to the doctor immediately. I hope everything will be all right. Bye!