Hello, folks. My friends’ kid has been complaining to the hip pain. They took him to the doctor and after some tests, he was diagnosed with Perthes disease. I have never heard about this disease before, so I would like to know what it is. Can anyone tell me this? I would really appreciate it.

Hello, there. I have heard about Perthes disease. It belongs to a group called avascular bone necrosis diseases. Its full name is Legg-Calve-Perthes Disease. The problem is located in the femoral head. It loses its blood supply. As the result, a bone softens. The exact cause is still unknown. This is the disease that was described in the beginning of the 20th century. I hope this helps.

Hello, everyone. I had a boy in my old neighborhood with Perthes disease. He used to limp. He also complained on mild pain in his hip. This pain can also spread into the groin area. The range of his movements was reduced. In any case, your friend should be persistent in the treatment. I hope I’ve helped a little. Good luck to your friend’s kid! Bye!