My son is almost three. About a year ago, I noticed several, small, unnoticeable lumps that run vertically along one side of his neck. I have noticed recently that he now has them on the other side. I will be scheduling him for an appt in the next few months, unless I have cause to believe that the matter is urgent. They do not cause him any pain, and he doesn't have any health problems. He had several ear infections when he was a year old. I just would like to know if this is common, because I am having a difficult time locating anything that relates to his symptoms. You cannot see the lumps, only feel them, and like I said, there are no health issues to speak of. Thank you for your time, and I hope to hear from you soon.

My 4 year old has the same problem. Its enlarged lymph nodes and unless they are causing your child pain or get very large (Over 1/2 inch) there is nothing to worry about. They will go away on there own in time.

For the past week, my 19-month-old son also has lumps along the sides of his neck. One that actually makes a visible "lump" on the side of his neck and a couple others that are under the skin and can only be felt. According to our pediatrician it is highly unlikely "cancer" and more likely swollen glands. Yet, nothing is 100%, and I am still very worried. My son has no other symptoms of illness, or preceding illness, and continues to sleep well, eat well, and play well. The doctor says we need to keep careful watch and notify him if there is "growth" or changes in color.

it could be tortiltis especially with ear infections