I am mother of 10 year old boy. I don’t want to panic but I’ve noticed small lump, like swollen lymph node in the back of his ear. I am worried that he might be having ear infection. I know that lots of kids get ear infection. On the other hand maybe is something completely harmless. How can I be sure?

Infections are common childhood ailments. I don’t think that lymph node is a symptom. Signs that he may have an ear infection include: ear pain, tugging on the ear, fever, diarrhea, stuffy nose, no appetite… Ask him to describe you how he feels and of course seek for professional help.

Hallo,
I am afraid that you might be right on this one. However you don’t have to panic about this. There are mediation that can treat this infection and he won’t have any adverse effects in the future. The thing is that lymph nodes tend to swell as soon as you have some king of an infection in your body. They are like our alarm system. The good thing is that they also try to fight the infection and this is why they are very important part of our immune system. The good thing would be to get your son to the hospital. Has he complained of any pain in his ear or maybe in his throat as well?