My 8 year old son has 2 lymph nodes on his left side of neck, one is about 3 cm and 1 on right side of neck. We took him to the doctor last week and they ran blood work, a chest x-ray and then last thursday they did a contrast c-scan. The Dr. has not told us alot(maybe unsure herself) The Rn then called on Friday and said that he has to go to an oncologist and have a Biopsy but they are not sending him until 6/2/08. I am so scared..I have looked all over the internet trying to find out what it could be. He has had the large Lymph node for over a year..but it has gotten bigger..we thought it was a cycst..feeling very guilty. Does anyone know what could be going on with my son? I am one of those people that just needs to know what this sounds like it could be(especially if someone has been through it like this)..I can deal with what i am prepared for. I pray its not cancer, I just need to know what i am up against...the waiting is unbearable.Thank you. [/img]

Does he have any scratches or marks on his body or is it just swollen lypmh nodes?

--LinZ

My son is eight. When he was two he had a lymph node the size of a pea on his neck. The pediatrician said it would go away. It is now the size of a quarter and just last night I noticed a second one that was pea sized. I took him to the dr this morning and he said it is more than likely normal because kids with chronic ear, sinus, or throat infections, often have chronic swollen lymph nodes but because of my concern he is sending us to a surgeon to have it checked out. Good luck.

Hello guys in currently deali9ng with this same thing with my son he's 9 and will be 10 next month. He has been s9ick with a cough no fever his throught is a little soar but not bad  there are no other symptoms. His dr put him on antibiotics which he just finished and still it is swollen he has an appt tomorrow and I'm so scared. Its on the right side its pretty big and is kind of hard not real hard but pretty firm. I'm un sure what to think. My younger sister had the same thing and she ended up having lympthoma and I'm scared to death for my son. I can't imagen our family going through something like him having cancer hes the baby of the family. I don't know what to do in means of explaining it to him as well as hearing any bad news from his dr. I know I will just fall apart.if anyone has any advice of any sort or knowledge of what could be ring please post any thing that could be of use to me and my family.thanks and i pray for all of your children! =)