I'm trying to compile a list of things I need for my marathon next week. So far I have:

Confirmation ticket, running shoes, heart rate monitor, film, shower stuff, towels, Airline/Hotel info, book, Aleve, jacket, cash, running clothes, knee band, vasoline, extra clothes for the day before and after the race. Oh, and of course the camera gear.

Is there anything I'm forgetting?

Gu??

Have a great time!

How about the kitchen sink. :P

It sounds like you are ready. Just remember to bring a couple of gu to help you out and you should be set!

----if you've had any "bottoming out" on long runs.....I'd add a glucose tablet to the keypocket of your shorts. Aquaphor....to replace the vaseline...post race.

..and for everything else, there's Mastercard.

Good luck!!

Gu??
I tried gu once before and am convinced it caused my problems during that race. I will not touch it again for a run. I've not tried it on the bicycle yet though. I'll consider the glucose tablet. I don't have a pocket on my shorts so it may get pinned somewhere. I typically don't have energy problems during the marathons though.

It sounds like you are prepared for this race. I always like to pack everything the night before a race so that I don't have to worry about it the morning of. Good luck on your race.

Trail Running Blog

a fuel belt for hyrdation and I also use glide to prevent chafing.
Art
http://fitatfifty-art.blogspot.com/