Sometimes when I run, my thighs seem to "eat" my shorts.
Besides being uncomfortable, it drives me absolutely NUTS! :x

I know that there are those split shorts...but I'm not so sure about those....any thoughts?

When you're trying them on at the store... sneak out of the dressing room and run around the store to test them. Be sure to hurdle anything in your path, juke employees, and climb the registers, just to be sure they have a full range of motion.

Body glide!! Great stuff. There's always longer shorts. (my favorite option)

For races under a half marathon I wear split shorts or short shorts + Body Glide. Halfs I wear bike shorts with leg grippers. For training - whatever's clean.

say phillycat i love shorts especially on women so im a man right it shouldnt drive you nuts you sound so sexy when you say that. oops i like split short also

Thanks for the advice. I tend to like a little bit longer shorts that have a notch. I am going to try them with some Body Glide on my run tonight. I'll see how that goes. Otherwise, I am going to try the bike style tight shorts...just don't anyone run behind me

say phillycat that wasnt advise it was a compliment when you eat your shorts oops imean when you wear shorts yea dont let nobody run behind you they might like what they see lol

i hate the shorts crawl :x

the best running shorts i have are longer, with no split at all. your basic boxer shorts and they are the last to creep up my leg when i run.

i haven't tried the body glide yet, so that might help.

elkid and i disagree on the bike shorts for running. she likes them, i'd never go there cuz i think they are too constricting and hot and not breathable enough. i did wear them at one time and ended up with a nasty staph infection on my thigh. :umno: i'm sure they make them in more aero-friendly material by now; that was a few years ago.

Those ones I had for JaSR are the most breathable thing I own! Duofold Hydrid. LOVE them. I feel like I'm wearing nothing. Part of the allure...

I just bought some Body glide. After a run last week, in really hot weather, I noticed that the petroleum jelly had run down my legs, onto my calves, and had caught a few gnats also. Great.
So I bought some Bodyglide, and tried that before today's run. Seems to be ok, I don't have to slather it on like the petroleum jelly.

i have the "hungry thighs" problem too. but being that im only 5ft tall, all shorts are long on me. :|

whats the body glide do? like how does it keep you shorts from riding up?

:LOL: :LOL: when I first read that what I thought I saw was "when I run my shorts eat my nuts."
Im not dyslexic, honest. :D

Im not dyslexic, honest. :D
:LOL:
My shorts ride a little bit. I don't care too much, so i'm okay.

I have been dealing with that problem as well for years. I prettymuch just ignore it now. I was once featured in a photograph about 3 years ago running and my shorts had ridden up considerably.(see the eating my nuts comment) It was embarrasing but for all to see. Now I just go with it, and avoid cameras on race day......

I wear long shorts all the time. Just feel so comfortable that I never tried running shorts.

Sometimes, if the shorts are thick, they bother me with the swinging motion that they make.

I wore padded biking shorts once for a duathlon... the padding disconcerted me a lot...
-D