It is starting to get cold up here. I will be spending my winter running outdoors and loving it. What do you wear while running in the winter months?

legs-tights depending on temp, the weight, i have light, mid and heavy weight tights

up top, at least a cool max short sleeve, some type of polar tech top and if windy a windbreaker...
a coolmax hat and light gloves...

not too heavy

As much as possible while still being able to move!

So, not quite like Randy from A Christmas Story?
Randy, as Mom finishes wrapping him up: "I can't put my arms down"

"Well you can put them down when you get to school."

I wore tights for the first time yesterday. By January for long runs, on the bottom I will wear shorts under tights and then lined windpants on top. Top: l/s coolmax and windjacket..headband....negative temps I will wear knit cap and a pair of mittens over a pair of gloves and a scarf wrapped around my face......and I have to admit....now that I have my own treadmill: when I get to the point that I need a face mask and studded shoe boots...the 'mill looks like a feasible option.

Tights, coolmax, Poalrteac, CM alta top, lite windbreaker, microfleece hat. Thorlo sox. Thinsulate gloves. My hands get very cold so I have to wear thick gloves.

Haven't ridden in the cold weather yet, so I think I may be investing in a balacalva (sp)

Singlet, shorts and a baseball cap, but if its really cold I add arm warmers and a windbreaker vest :P .

i love vests in the winter. keeps my arms more mobile. I wear "un tights" which are tights, but looser (Finish Line has them so does RR sports) light gloves, coolmax headband that keeps my ears from freezing.

really cold - my windbreaker. altho i ran a half in the snow with just my vest and turtleneck.

whatever!!!!!!!!

Shorts and a t-shirt. And the day we have winter I might need a long sleeve t-shirt...

I LOVE that movie!
My cold weather running thing is mittens. I hate when my hands are frozen.
If my hands get too hot, I just take them off and stuff them in my sports bra!

You mean they're not pinned to your coat? ;)

I stuff my coat in there too. I need all the help I can get!

Let's see... winter running gear. Hmmm... shorts, sports bra, socks, shoes, and maybe a short sleeved t-shirt. You do know they close the schools down here if it gets into the 60's? Grego, try wearing two layers of gloves for the cold digits. A thin pair like a Coolmax material, under a thicker pair, like a fleece material.

I wear tights (probably not this winter), long sleeve coolmas shirt, windbreaker jacket, and a headband to leep my ears warm. I also wear gloves (even in warm weather).