Hi. I am a 29 years old woman and I just got pregnant. I have a history going to a massage regularly, since I love massages so much. Because of this, I was wondering if it would be safe for me to have frequent massages during pregnancy. Please, if anyone of you knows something about this, I would be very grateful if you post here. This is important to me. Thanks.

I asked the same thing my doctor when I was pregnant, and he explained me a few things. He said, that workout and massage helps a great deal in pregnancy. But he also explained to me which exercises and massages I can not do. For instance, you can not get a massage while you lie on your stomach. Do the same massage vertically. Get the idea. For some exercises and massages you must find an alternate way.

They have what is called "prenatal massages" and aren't recommended till the late part of the 2nd trimester. They say that the fluid transfers from the massage itself can cause the baby to feel that it is an attack, and cause miscarriage. Also for those that believe in reflexology they say that if you use the wrong pressure points it can also cause miscarriage. So becareful and make sure the person giving the massage is well trained in prenatal massages. Avoid all massages till you are past the first 20 weeks if at all possible.