I got very interested in learning some massage techniques recently. I found it fascinating that just by the use of your hands you can actually help someone. I am 20 years old and I think I can get really good in this. I wish to learn both standard techniques and types of massages like shiatsu, for example. Can I do all this with the help of massage books?

Frankly, it would be very difficult to learn everything from massage books, especially if you did not have previous knowledge on the subject. Simply put, you need a good massage teacher. Without him, I am afraid that theory only won't help you much. You can learn basics, but if you want to become an expert you need guidance. But, don't worry, today there are many excellent massage therapists who could teach you everything you need to know on the subject of so called "healing hands".