Hello everyone.

So my friend is going through a really hard time with her dog. He is young, he is three years old. She found him on the street one day in some bag or box, I don’t even remember anymore exactly what happened.

He was hurt, lonely and obviously scared. Since that day, and that was almost four or five months ago, that dog is extremely stressed very often. She can’t help him and she is really scared for his health.

I was reading somewhere on some forum that aromatherapy and massage can help a stressed dog.

Do you have experience with it?

Hey darling, you see dogs are just like people. They love things that we love – food, music, long walks and massages :) So yes, that is my answer on your question.

Aromatherapy and massage can help a dog especially when he is stressed.

But here is what you need to know. This therapy treats the whole body – emotionally and physically. Essential oils have those antiseptic, anti – microbial and calming properties. For dogs as it is for humans.  

It is not easy to massage your dog at the beginning and if you don’t have experience with it you should ask someone with experience to show you what is the best way to do it.

Hi you two,

I believe that these things can help your dog to relax. Massage is always a good thing. You can find instructions on the internet if you look more thoroughly.

I'm worried that aromatherapy and massages can only help her dog for a small amount of time. I believe that he is stressed because he is without his loved ones. He was probably abandoned for some reason, and as you know, once a dog gets attached to his owner, that love that he felt for his owner never disappears, so he is forever attached to him or her. If I'm right, she can hardly make him feel better. 

Hey guys,

Massage is always good for your dog. Whether it's without any reason, or for any of the possible reasons, it is always good.

The best time for a massage is before or after exercise (before or after you take your dog out to the park or for a walk). It is found very helpful for dogs which are nervous or under stress.

There are a lot of benefits of a massage. It reduces anxiety, it shortens healing time of strained muscles, aids in digestion, creates this feeling of well-being, reduces pain and swelling, decreases blood pressure, strengthens the immune system, etc.

Hello. This is always a good idea and amazing solution when your dog is stressed. I massage my dog all the time even when he is not stressed. It helps him to be peaceful. But in the combination with aromatherapy it is not a solution. I am not sure that this can help your dog to get rid of the stress. It is just temporary. You can do this of course, but you can’t expect that this is a solution for stress. A cure to get rid of the stress you need to find somewhere else. If you need advice, just ask us.

Hello friends :) Did you miss me? :)

Massage is one of the best remedies for stressed dogs. I don’t give massage to my dog very often and I know that I should. I consulted my friend a couple of months ago and she told me that massage therapy can be very effective in helping to relieve stress. There is also good technique called TTouch. This technique uses circular motions on animal bodies to promote wellness at the cellular levels.

Aromatherapy can be helpful but it is very important to be careful when you are using essential oils because it is very easy to overdose your pet with aromatherapy.

Hey everybody,

Nobody really missed you, Love is pet. I'm just kidding, you know we love you. :)

Big "yes" here, massage can help your dog to get rid of stress. It goes the same for the people, if you know what a massage does to people, then you know what it does to dogs.

However, I wouldn't advise you to do the aromatherapy thing by yourself. As Love is pet already told you, you need to pay attention on how much oil do you use and there are some additional things to keep an eye on. To avoid this and any sort of problems, don't do it yourself.

Hey everybody,

I think that massage is a very good thing to fight stress with. I give my dog a massage every few days and I have never seen him stressed. I don't know if that's only because of the massages I give him, I doubt that, honestly, but they do contribute to his happy and relaxed state. 

Now on the other hand, someone mentioned that he might be sad and stressful because he misses his loved ones or maybe he can't get over how someone treated him before. You need to be patient and fight his stress together with him. You'll make it, I'm sure. :)

Hey guys,

Yes, yes, yes, these are both awesome things to do for your dog. People usually don't like giving massages to anyone because they are selfish. You can massage your dog regardless of his condition, is he under stress or not.

Aromatherapy is another great thing but you should consult somebody who has already done it before because you can make mistakes here. I mean, you can make mistakes in massages as well but since you are going to give your dog just a basic massage, than it's no big deal.

You can give your dog a massage once a week and he’ll love it.