Hello!

I suffer from acne and rosacea both. These skin conditions can be a huge challenge in themselves, as anyone who has them too will know, but to add insult to injury, I am also really white + never tan never mind how much time I spend in the sun. 

I'd like to use fake skin tanners, but have the horrible feeling that they might make my skin problems even worse. Is there any skin tanner I can use as someone with acne and rosacea? If you have both and use skin tanners please share which one was good for you. 

It is true that tanning in the sun has been determined to be a bad idea for people with rosacea, but that doesn't mean that you cannot use a sunless tanner. Some, it is true, will give you flare ups. For that, it is really best to go to rosacea specific forums (there is probably one right here) and to ask what other people with rosacea have used. Personally, I have used Origins Faux Glow occasionally, and it has never affected my rosacea, which I am glad for. Using a sunless tanner also makes your rosacea looks a little (or even a lot) less red, and so I really don't want to discourage from trying! The trick is finding the right tanner for you. I do think asking others with rosacea and then deciding helps. I got the tip to use the one I do (but only sometimes, note) from someone else with rosacea myself.

Hiya,

Many people who have rosacea use fake tans 'cause they find their redness reduces that way... so you wouldn't be the only one by a long stretch. There's some ingredients in fake tans that can make your skin worse, DHA I know is one of 'em, so you wanna avoid that. Your actual best bet is to see a dermatologist and ask which fake tan to pick, but I get that this may be pretty expensive and not something you wanna do. The thing is to use a sunscreen with zinc oxide while using fake tan too, mind you. If you're not gonna see a derm just experiment and see what works well for you...

Yes, using sunless tanners can really go a long way towards making your skin less red. I am a fan, however, I'd avoid using the first product that you come across and rather would look for a skin tanner that is non-comedonegenic, and suitable for people with rosacea. Clarins Self Tanning Face Lotion is what I occasionally use and it has never caused me problems of any kind. However, there are probably other products on the market that are just as good. Simply make sure to ask for reviews, from other people with rosacea, of particular tanners before you go ahead and use them. 

I don't have rosacea but I do have some acne. I also have really, really light skin, basically see through, LOL. I've used fake tans in the past only to end up with a really streaky and unnatural look and I'm basically scared of trying that one ever again. Do you think that this Clarins Self Tanning Lotion you're talking about would work for me too? And perhaps on the body as well as the face? I mean, I heard that face tanners are better in the way of keeping streaking at bay so I'm curious, even though this is presumably a real expensive way to get a tan, LOL.

Celebrity

Having sensitive skin but not rosacea myself, I would simply recommend that you look for a self tanner that is alcohol free. Alcohol dries the skin out badly and can make you look older and wrinkled rather than healthy and young, which I assume your goal would be. Matrixyl is a much-talked about skincare ingredient as well, that boosts your skin's collagen production and will help you achieve your best look. You can find that in some self tanners as well. Finally, I would stay away from sprays if I were you. Everyone who is worried about streaking should go for creams rather than sprays. They are so much easier to apply. 

Rosie

I have rosacea and not only have I loved skin tanners because they make my skin look so much better, I have also never taken care to select special tanners that are non-irritating or anything like that. If you are like me then you will be fine with almost any skin tanner. Don't assume just because you have rosacea that you will definitely react badly to most cosmetics including tanners. I did not have this problem and skin tanners really save the look of my skin.

While I do not know anything about rosacea, I do suffer from acne.

I have used self tanners before. The general advice for people with acne who want to use self tanners is to use light products with as little oil as possible, to avoid causing your acne to flare up severely. You will also want to go for a lighter shade because darker shades can make your acne appear worse that it is. You must exfoliate prior to applying self tanners, otherwise you risk a streaky appearance. However, exfoliating is not safe if you have a very heavy flare up of acne, so in that case try to get your acne under control before you use self tan. Remember as well that if it is just your face you are looking to give some extra color, then bronzers may be the better option for you as they are temporary.

• Take some fresh broad bean leaves.
  • Clean them properly.
  • Grind them in a mixer with few drops of water to make it into a paste.
  • Apply the paste on your face.
  • Leave for 15 minutes and wash off.

How Does The Remedy Work?

• Broad Bean Leaves: They are also known as fava beans and are a good source of vitamin A, B1, copper, potassium, phosphorous, magnesium, and iron. However, vitamin A, in particular, is known to maintain a clear and glowing skin.