I was recently taken to the hospital for what I think was a migraine. I have a history of miagraines however i'v never had something so severe. I had to pull my car off the road and call an amblance. I had vomiting with severe confusion i didnt know my middle name. Both arms where numb and i had blurred vision and headache. I had a cat scan done and it came back normal the spinal tap was suggested and didnt get done. I dont kno what to think or where to go from here. I also take toporol xl for a heart defect. Any suggestions??

I am pregnant and I feel like crying - somebody has had the same experience. I have wrecked my car twice in this pregnancy b/c of the confusion and/or the vomiting and blurred vision. My car is not drivable now.

I took Toprol for a heart defect prior to coming off the medication when I had to take Clomid.

I feel like the docs are dismissive of my problems as "pregnancy related stupidity".....I just want to cry. I am a criminal defense attorney and I need to be able to think clearly if I am to work. I have an insurmountable caseload and have had periods that I couldn't figure out when I turned which direction the traffic was supposed to go. I over-corrected in panic. I'm thankful I had no injuries. My car is ripped with $1,800.00 in damages..

I have had the same experience also!!
I am only 26 and I also have a history of migraines. It started out early in the day, I got into my car to drive and I became sooo confused and had severe migraine pain like nothing I've experienced before. I vomited, couldnt speak, and didnt know really what was going on. What is so strange is that I also take Toporol XL for a heart defect. U have had the same experience I have had to a "T". I also had a scan done nothing was wrong they wanted to do a spinal tap and I said no. Still to this day I have no idea what it was. It happened about a year ago.

Hey guys - im 8 months preg and had the same symptoms - with severe numbness in my right side of body and incoherrant speech. I have had the three years ago when on depo injection, but none since now. very concerned for baby too. What I did find is that my blood sugar level, due to being sick with prenancy was way down - had you eaten well recently to attacks? busy lives and sickness etc makes it easy to miss meals, could that be a factor for you? keep well - caroline

I've had bad migranes since I've been around 12 years old always have been the same..Blurred vision both eyes kinda looks like a hologram with tunnel vision and also sometime seeing two of something. I also have the numbness that runs up my arms that ends in my face and when this happens I cannot talk,I know what I'm trying to say and it comes out as mumbles and very slurred.This happens to me about 2 times a month since I've been 12 years old. I've also had the migranes the painful headace as well as dizziness with vomiting. I couldnt join the military because of this which I was very upset about.I will tell everybody this is..When the vision starts to get blurry you have to stop what your doing and go to a quiet place and try your best to get a nap for about a half hour. Thats how I've always delt with migranes because medicine doesnt work. After a half hour nap you'll still feel a little dizzy and whatnot but it'll pass and you'll be good to go, But I have 2 migranes in one day so just remember try to stop what your doing and get to a quiet place and try to sleep it off, it's the only way I found that really works.

I've been having Migraines my whole life and it's not the medicine your taking or missing a meal trust me because I dont take any meds or miss meals. I have no idea what causes mirgraines like this. Theres only 2 things I can think of is the shots I've had as a kid and a fall I had when I was young. Some people I've talked to think it might be spinal related or a herniated disc in my back pinching a nerve but I've yet to get it checked out.

I've had migraines where first either my vision starts to go and i can't see half of things or I will go completely numb on only one side of my body. sometimes its the right but mostly the left. like everyone else has said i try to talk and nothing comes out right, the first one i ever had my mom asked me what was wrong and i tried telling her that my left leg was numb and i said my right hand and pointed to my ear. this is when i start to cry when i cant communicate with people in a time like this. i have tried to track certain things that i have done that day and what i had eaten but honestly i think they just come when ever they wish. the first migraine i had was after falling hard while roller skating and the doctor's have suggested before it could be something to do with my neck, although all of my dad's side of my family has these as well. I take Topamax daily now and it has helped me the most as far a preventative medicine. just wish there was a cure.

I am also experiencing those same side effects. I also take metoprolol for PVC's. I think it is the medication. I read on the mayo clinic website on the drug side effects and I have every one of them.