Hi, I am 44 years old and I have symptoms like irritability, irregular periods and mood swings. Sometimes, I even have hot flashes. Am I too young for menopause?

You are probably experiencing perimenopause. It appears in women of your age, so I don’t think you’re too young for the first symptoms. Perimenopause causes exactly the same symptoms as you have, but many others too. For example, it can cause night sweats, heart palpitations, migraines, dry skin and joint pains. Perimenopause includes all those hormonal changes that lead to menopause. Perimenopause usually lasts from five to fifteen years, and during that time, estrogen production and cycling is decreasing. The ovulation lessens too, which disturbs many hormones in woman’s body. You can relief those symptoms with acupuncture, Chinese herbal medicine, diet, exercise and some other things.

I am 35 and was told I am going through perimenopause boy was I scared! First I just joked that I am going through menopause when I started getting hot flashes I get about 3 a day then I am cold strange I went and got blood work done and thats when they told me I was menopausel. I cannot see my doctor until Jan. they asked me if I wanted to start hormone treatment until I see the doctor I am so confused about what to do I don't feel terrible and blue but I do not want to age awfully fast either I am a mother of a 9,7,2 1/2 and I was told it ages your skin if you do not do take something anyways does anyone have advice?? natural way or pills??

My first symptoms actually began when I was 36. I was having severe vaginal pain during intercourse. I thought I had a yeast or bacteria infection. The doc said take showers, wash underwear in gentle detergent, use unscented soaps, blah blah blah. Nothing helped. Then I started getting so angry over stupid stuff that normally wouldn't bother me. Then I would cry all the time. My stomach would bloat even if I ate a bowl of Cheerios w/ lactose free milk. I was suffering from heart palpitations(at least three episodes a week). I thought I was losing my mind. I remember all of the sudden having this terrible feeling that someone was going to kidnap my nephew when we went out to eat. I thought about moving out because I couldn't stop being so angry to everyone at my home. I would wake up in the middle of the night thinking I was going to melt. I still didn't think anything about menopause because I thought I was too young. My biggest problem was the vaginal atrophy. Finally after a year and a half, I discoved my problem...permenopause. I tried Estroven. I worked great the first week then not so much. I tried some other herbal mix. It made me depressed. The best thing so far is an estriol cream and progesterone cream. I put the estriol cream on my vagina and it has helped. But I keep gaining weight and retaining water. It all just makes me feel old before my time. I don't like the way my figure looks anymore. Oh well, that's life I guess.