Hi, I am a fifty years old woman. I am in my menopause. The thing that bothers me the most is the night sweating. I have it on the regular bases. I tried taking some medicine in order to calm the sweating down. It was not successful. A friend of mine told me that there are some natural remedies that can help me with my problem. What do you know about it?

Hi, the condition you are experiencing is also known as hot flashes. When they happen at night they are called night sweats. This is a regular symptom of menopause. I can understand why this annoys you. The flashes can be stopped by estrogen replacement therapy. However, this does not have a curing effect. Hot flashes and night sweats can also be triggered by hot weather, spicy food, stress, alcohol as well as many other things. As for the natural remedies that can help you appease the night sweats. I can suggest a couple. Chickweed and violet are used to cool the system. Yellow dock and dandelion increase oxygen utilization in the liver. However, you must see a professional therapist specialized in these kinds of remedies. Also, you must consult your doctor for any steps in this direction.