Hello. I'm 43 year old female and I'm fighting with very strange symptoms. My sex life has stopped about five or sex years and since then I'm having sex only occasional.
Although I had very painful menstrual periods when I was younger- with years, all this stopped and my periods were becoming milder and milder with light bleeding and almost no pain or discomfort.
Then, two months ago, something happened and I started to get these very painful, spotty menstrual periods.
Could anyone please tell me what’s going on with me! Could it be sign of something serious?

I really doubt it could be a sign of something serious because not so many things and symptoms could happen at the same time with menstruation period.
You see, all this points me on only one direction and the key word is menopause. I believe that this is caused by hormonal fluctuations in your body. These hormones are preparing your body for menopause.
In great majority of females, menopause occurs between 45 and 50.
The changes associated with menopause in some women start even 10 years before the last period.
This period is called perimenopause and you could expect many symptoms such as hot flashes, insomnia, itchy skin, dry vaginal area, fatigue, etc.