hi i was just wonder if it was tru that women have a metalic like taste in the mouths during prenancy? if so when will this occur? and how long after conception will they atart urinating frequently? i've just noticed i have both these symptoms but im only just 7 days past ovulation :?

I am newly pregnant with my second child and I remember being asked about that at dr. appts. with my first child. I never ever had any metallic taste in my mouth but I did ask my dr what it is caused by and he said that it's very common in pregnant women and it's actually a condition called dysgeusia. Its caused by hormone levels.. particularly estrogen, which all your hormones are out of control right now so it makes a lot of sense. You can help the bad taste by eating something citrus like or sour or brushing your tounge every time you brush your teeth, i think there is even prenatal vitamins that will help that. And, the metallic taste is only supposed to happen the first trimester so after you reach your second trimester you shouldn't have that anymore.
As for the urinating frequently they say that will start about 6-8 wks after conception. Its caused by the pregnancy hormone hCG that apparently increases bloodflow to your bladder which makes you go more frequent during the first trimester. It will get better during the 2nd trimester but it gets really bad at the end of the pregnancy due to the weight getting heavier and heavier on your bladder. But whatever you do don't cut back on the liquids because that's not good for you or your baby and can cause infection. To help it though you can cut back on the caffeine which makes you go more often.

Hi aussiechik, I already agree with a lot of what's been posted, just wanted to talk about how it's a good idea to bear in mind that it's always a little different for everyone. Your body's experiences may completely different from another person's so it's a good idea to not freak out when things are a little different for you than they are for another person. I'm not saying you're freaking out now of course, just sort of offering that advice. How do you know that you are pregnant yet? Have you taken a test yet?

I have the same problem, and it is the worst when I eat sweets or really acidic foods. The solution for me is one specific type of gum - Trident Splash. It is sugar free and even after I am done with the gum the taste does not return until after I eat or drink something else. Nothing else, not baking soda, lemon or even toothpaste does not help. Other gums only made it worse. I know it sounds crazy but I will forever be in debt to Trident! I am telling you - its worth the 1.50 just to try it out!!!