I have 2 very Healthy and intelligent children and both were weened off Methadone as babies and spent about 1 to 2 week in hospital. But both had outward squints!!My 1st childs squint corrected itself by age 2yrs, But my second is due 4 surgery very soon age 2 n half. c
Can anyone who has had a similler experience who have children with a squint get back 2 me and tell me your story ?!!!!
Your stories would be valued to me thanks!!

Hello. I know how much any type of information means to you because I had the similar problem with my child.

The medical name for squint is strabismus and I am saying this because most of the people don’t have a clue what squint means. When I first heard of this I was surprised because I was thinking how it is possible that my child has the condition where the eyes do not look in the same direction.

When doctor tried to explain to me that this condition is manifested in such a way that one eye looks forward and focuses on an object, the other eye turns either inwards, outwards, upwards or downwards. Most squints occur in young children but I was so angry that this happen to my child.  And after few days my child stopped using the affected eye to see. The doctor said that this can lead to visual loss which can become permanent unless we start with the treatment. The treatment involved patching the good eye and the goal is to force the use of the affected eye. Now we are waiting to see the results and I hope that we will avoid surgery. Let me know what is happening with your child.