My 8 month old son has its eye twitching ocassionaly, what could be the reason for that, I am very concerned. Thanks in advance for your help!

The condition when the eye is twitching could be due to congenital nystagmus. When a child has it, the eyes usually move horizontally back and forth and children could have reduced eye movement when their eyes turn in or converge to look at a close object. Many children with nystagmus have no other vision or brain problems. This is known as idiopathic, which means of unknown cause. However, nystagmus is often a symptom of other conditions such as albinism, aniridia, cataracts, cone dysfunction and many others. Nystagmus can be present with cerebral palsy, Down's Syndrome and many motor system diseases. At the moment, there is no cure for nystagmus. It is known to improve steadily until the age of 5-6, but is considered a life long disorder.

with this advise you will scare this poor women to death unless your a physcian dont try to make a diagnosis over the internet. Twitching muscles could be a variety of things from a minor vitamin deficit to nothing at all. best advise mention it to your childs doctor. my guess is he or she will not be concerned.

penny registered nurse nyc

Actually, there is a way to fix this. My brother had surgery to correct it when he was very young.