My 10yr old son has had problems in school since the start. They are saying he has ADD/ADHD. But I'm seeing symptoms that could be tuorrettes. He makes noises in class at times even calls out , he even has tics (squints and frowns frequently and has a twitch) he sees an eye Dr. regularly so we know it isn't due to eye issues. My question can tuorrettes cause children to be unattentive? Or make it difficult to concentrate consistently?

More than often, Tourettes Syndrome is accompanied by additional disorders among which ADD/ADHD.

The main problems and cause is not known but it is suggested that problems with brains’s metabolism have something to do with the disorders. Inadequate production and therefore levels of neurotransmitters dopamine, serotonin, and norepinephrine lead to tics in TS and inattention, memory and concentration problems in ADD/ADHD.

Other people may experience problems with sleep, learning and suffer from obsessive-compulsive disorder.

I would suggest you asked questions and found a doctor who specializes in Tourettes Syndrome as you may be wasting your time with regular doctors. Although, all of them should be bale to diagnose TS, not all of them can appropriately address it. Good luck!