Can you give me any info on a baby that was just born to a mom who was doing heroin and then about in her 6 month went on meth? She just had him and I want to know what to expect for symptoms, and what do they give the baby/ and legally can they take this baby away from her?

Hi there, now I think that the baby would be suffering methadone withdrawals but I think that's all the issue is. I do not know about taking the baby away as I don't know where you live or what the laws are in your country but hopefully that answers the medical issue. Can you tell me more about the situatioN?

Well,
This is very serious condition and it is always sad and unfortunate to read these kind of stories. Babies born as addicts are one of the most devastating effects from drugs. The fact is that now the doctor have a treatment that can help these children with withdrawals. I am not sure if they can take her baby but I know that most of these children need to be in the neonatal unit during the treatment from the addiction that was passed to them by their mothers. Also breastfeeding is a way to pass a drug to your child so she has to be careful with this also. I hope this helped you in way.

Good luck,
Karel

Well she may be taken from you, make sure the mother does not make a seen at the hospital wanting her doses of methadone this will not go over well with the nurses and they may call the CAS on her and they will take the baby unless you let them live in your care and are not left alone with the baby....My wife's sisters baby was born an addict the poor little thing had to take liquid morphine for the withdraw and the mother made a seen minutes after she gave birth wanting her dose and thats when it all went to hell...DO NOT HAVE SEX WITHOUT A RUBBER WHEN YOU ARE ON ANY KIND OF DRUGS