friends grandson, 2 mo. old. stiffens and has tremors and cries for several minutes, to an hour. Could this be because his mother smoked pot through the first 2 months of her pregnancy? Also, the childs father was heavy drug use. Is this baby going through some kind of withdrawl, or could there be another problem ?

This is a classic symptom of a baby whose parents used drugs. Also, young children have problems controlling tantrums.

Well,
I don’t think that this is caused by marijuana smoking during the pregnancy. my opinion is that her baby is having problems with stomach cramps or with gas in the stomach. You have to understand that cramps are very often a cause of pain in baby’s stomach and there for babies cry a lot. The crams are caused by the food that the baby eats and the adaptation to the process of digestion. You have to know that this will go away after some time so she just needs to help her child during this period as much as she cans. I hope that you found this post helpful in any way.

All the best,
Nelie