i am a recreational user who has only tried suboxone twice. my recreational drug of choice is methadone. i realize both these drugs are opiate blockers and to use any opiate such as vicodin or oxycontin would be a waste. i took t he suboxone(8/2 mg) late last nightand am wondering if i took my usual 70 mg recreational dose of methadone would the suboxin minimize the effect of the methadone?
any input on this would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

I was trying to figure out also. I took suboxine last night to feel better and then the next day took a 10mg methadone i usually feel the methadone pretty good but today i dont feel it at all. I feel a little down and dont feel the methadone hardly at all. Do not mix those two period! :'(

the suboxone will completely block the effects of the methadone, so yes it is a waste, the suboxone molecules are already in your brains dopamine receptors, thus the methadone wont even be able to get to receptors. just dont mix em its pointless.

if u take suboxin you will not get high. it fills the receptors in your brian with blockers so it does not allow the drugs to pleasure you.

subutex and suboxone are two different drugs. Subutex is bupenorphrines-sp? and suboxone is bupenorphine with naltrexone. Naltrexone is what they give to junkys when they OD... it stops the effect of opiates, synthetic(like methadone) or natural(like heroin). Thankfully you do not have a habit or physical addiction to methadone... if you did and took suboxone you'd be in for awful withdrawals. subutex would simply not do anything. The reason why you don't feel the subuxone the day after you take methadone is because the methadone is blocking your opiate receptors. Take some advice, PLEASE, stop f-ing around with opiates now... it's a long painful road. Quit while you're ahead and don't have to go threw withdrawal for the rest of your life.

BurroughsToldU you are definitely right about suboxone I was at about 120mg of methadone when I found out about suboxone I printed out the info and brought it to my Dr he says that he’s never heard of this (he is a neurosurgeon ) but that he would prescribe this to me if I wanted so I thought I was in for a quick fix as far as how to take the suboxone he said just after your first take 8mg of suboxone maybe 30mins after that take your 40mg dose of methadone WOW after 15mins I felt like I was going to die there was fluid coming from every hole in my body at this time I was on my way to work and I was 25 miles away from my home I was thinking about going to the hospital but I was also thinking I just wanted to go home so I drove home don’t ask me how because I could hardly see or move but when I got home I went to bed and my wife called someone that knows about suboxone they said that I first gradually decreased my methadone dose to 30mg a day and then stop taking the methadone wait for moderate withdrawals then start the suboxone well after 3 days of that I could not stand it no more so I called my Dr and he said stop the suboxone and go back on the methadone but so I only took 40mg a day. After two yrs I was up to 60mg a day .for about 4 of the 5yrs I was taking methadone I wanted off of it but after the suboxone experience I was hesitant. well like I said about 2yrs had passed and my Dr said that I needed to take a ua test (urinenalsys test) so I did and 1 week later my Drs office called and said that I had been discharged because the methadone was not in my system I tried to argue with them but I’m sure they get all kinds so I decided to wean myself down vs. going to another DR for more meds I have from 60ml a day for a week then 50ml a day until now I have taken 5ml a day for 4 days and the well is dry wish me luck.

Goodluck to you Felipe22! I hope you're withdrawals aren't too bad. They shouldn't be too bad if you control your mind. What will be the worst is the never ending fatigue you will feel for months. At least that is what bothered me the most. Your doctor was crazy to write you a script of suboxone and tell you to take it like that. I can't imagine how sick you must have been. If you could get threw that, you should be fine the next few days. Of course you won't be comfortable but, what can we expect?... We have to pay the price for years of methadone comfort sometime. Just remember you're not alone and this too shall pass.

Plz dont even get started down that road. I started using at age 16, dropped out of school, and was sleeping on an abandoned churchs' front steps by 18. I used until the age of 26 constantly, then was introduced to suboxone. It was a life saver i went thru withdrawls for a week and half and it wasnt getting better. Seems as soon as i put that first sub under my tounge it started helping. Now i am able to lead a great life, though im still taking the sub's, i dont ever have to be driving thru a shady 'hood looking for the dope boys. You will suffer a life of otherwise completely avoidable pain, both physical and mental if you continue. I hope you have something (someone) to live for. I met my wife and had two beautiful boys and they are a constant reminder of why i will never return to that life.

Like you my husband had been on Methadone for quite some time, 6 years to be exact, he just went through a 21 day detox and skipped a day and then went to a Suboxone doctor, he is going through pure hell right now as we speak, and it scares me to see him this way! He had severe withdrawl symptoms yesterday and then today he is going through it again, yesterday he couldn't get comfortable he was feeling so irratable and achey and just plain crappy and didn't get but about 3 hours of sleep before having to go to work, he is such a trooper, he went anyways and I was so proud of him! So today he woke up and he took half of what he had yesterday and was feeling fine for like an hour and a half and then he started feeling restless, so he took a half of an 8 and then his hearts starts to race like it did yesterday and started getting wrestless and It was horrible, I am wondering if it is going to get any better or what, he is now thinking about going back to the clinic, he just called me and while we were talking he had to hang up and pull over on his way to work to throw up. He is sooooo scared to take it again! So I told him don't take it tomorrow if you feel fine when you wake up and we will try to get you back into Methadone but not to go up to such a high does as he was on last time, because of the weight he has gained on the methadone it could lead to serious problems in the future! If anyone knows how long he needs to skip the suboxone before going back to methadone, I would really appreciate any input on this. Thanks!
Mandi

Hi, I was just wondering, If it is so aweful to do suboxone after methadone, does the same thing happen when you switch fron suboxone to methadone? or can that be done right away?