Hi, I have been on methadone which I was prescibed for pain for about 3 years. Recently I was told there was a new drug called suboxone that was better, so stupid me wanted to try. First I only waited 24 hours after my last 50mg dose, which was a BIG MISTAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I still feel like c**p although the withdrawals are nowhere as severe as they would be without methadone. My question is if I don't start feeling better soon and decide to go back to the methadone, how long should I wait in between. I really never had no problem with the methadone, actually it helped my pain more than any others the docs try. My only grip was every so often having to go up on the dose to keep it helping. So please if anyone could please help me, I would really like to know how long I need to wait before I can take my methadone again without having to get sick again.

The way these drugs work depend on each individual and their tolerance. I would be safe and wait a week if you have been on suboxobe for a while. If you haven't been taking on a daily basis for months then a week he the least. You don't want to waste your meds

You can't take suboxone if you still have opiates in your system cuz it rips it right out & you get sick as Hell but if ur F'ing back to methadone you don't have to get sick. I can do heroin then do methadone right after & not get sick. its,the naloxone in the subs. Good luck