I have rumatory arthritis in my back, and 3 days ago I had to 40mg methadone tabs I took over 2 days, now out of no where my doctor calls me and wants me to go to a pain clinic, and they will test me when I go in. the appointment isn't for a few days, after 3 years of going to doctors without insurace I finally get into a pain clinic and will be able to be pain free legally. how long will it stay in my system? and what can I take to speed it up? to make sure I'm clean, if I'd had known about this I never would have taken those freeking pills. I don't take anything very often, I have to be hurting so bad I can't get out of bed. I had 2 bad days and it's the first time I"ve taken anyting in well over a month. so any idea how long it will stay in my system from taking it 2 days? I've been drinking water like crazy since the doc called me yesterday.

thanks for your help.

John.

Ive been taking methadone for a couple years now & have been researching and reading all types of stories like yours. If you took methadone 2 days ago, and it has approx a 72-180 hour shelf life you might, and I say might be able to get away with it. If you pound insane amounts of water every day all day, I dont think It'll show. And this is even if they test for methadone. But I was wondering, if you dont normally take that stuff, and you only took it for a legitament persistent pain, cant you just tell them that? If they found out I mean? Play the dummy card & say a family member came over and saw you in agonizing pain in bed & handed you some pills to take, you asked what they were, and trust that family member. But be careful, pain clinics know all the lies, tricks & scams. They deal with them every day. Orrrr why dont you just reschedule your appointment for a few days later. that would answer all your problems! Hope you got a little help from this...good luck. ps. there isnt really anything you can take to get methadone out of your system. Its hard to say whether or not they will test for it. Its an entirely separate test in itself and it costs a lot of money.

ummm ok well you cant pound insane ammounts of water for a few reason the most important being if u drink to much water you will dilute the salt in your blood and it will become not stable and you will die if your going to pound crazy amounts of anything like water to pass a test drink powerade gatorrade things like that they have lots of sodium and you will not die pound water and pound to much there is a very good chance you will due or be hospitalized and as for methadone I have been on methadone for a little over 5 years yea it sucks but its better then sticking a needle in my arm and just cus the self life is 72-80 hours like you say that's not how long it takes to exit your body it takes anywhere from 3 weeks to a little over a month vicodine stays for almost a month and that's a quick acting opiate just like heroin heroin stay in your blood for 6 hours u can pass a blood test 6 hours only but piss takes weeks and the fact the methadone is a very long lasting synthetic opiate its takes a hell of a lot longer then other opiates I get dosed daily at my clinic 1 time a day that's all u need I take 90 mg a day and ite the pink liquid not the wafers or pills I think its called methadose not sure the one with pink syrup is the methadose and the one with orange juice is the wafers the methadose kicks in in about 10-20 mins the wafers can take up to 2-3 hours and the pills well just a little longer then the methadose since the pink is liquid it takes no time to get in there but if you really want to and need to detox fast get some niacin extra strength the best ones u can find yes expensive but if u want to pass a test its worth specially if its for a P.O or job I forget how much niacin to take but your going to take more then recommended and you will look like your sunbrunt really bad that's flushing out of your system that's a very good thing unless u over do it then that could get messy but research it dude if your going to respons to someones question don't just make sh*t up the family member bit yea... ok..... they don't care who gave it to you the fact is that its in your system and unless u have a prescription for it then u screwed it maybe be a separate test and an costly one but a synthetic opiate will show they wont know which one but it will show I suggest that if you don't know exactly what your talking about then don't give advice u can end up killing someone that way

Are you serious? Vicodin does not stay in your system for almost a month. Please properly inform yourself before you try and give people advice.

72 HOURS IN SYSTEM

Thankyou for your post....

How long dose methadone stays in your system if you only took it for like a 1 month or 3 weeks

Hay hun someone put a methadone in my drink Sunday at a party I've never took this drug and I've got a drug test tomorrow I've been drinking a lot of water is there anything else I can do to get it out

U can pass a oissed test 2 days after using methadone it doesn't always take that long unless u use ot regularly and for vics it only takes takes a couple days js u clearly don't no what your talking about

Takes 14 to 21 days. Just had a urine test today.

Did u try any detox drinks?

I've been an RN for 29 yrs and also an ex methadone taker. I've done a ton of research through out the years and I have also had occasionally screwed up and I looked again to dbl check the facts but it says on all site that are Medically or MD approved that it will leave it system anywhere from 2 days to 4 days on most sites I checked but a couple say max within a week for sure. Check it urself on Google or chrome ask how long on urine screen and bld screen too if u want and u will be directed to a ton of MD approved sites with actual scientific evidence that will tell u what I just did. These people should check facts b4 posting information and ESPECIALLY B4 POSTING DANGEROUS INFO LIKE TAKING OVERDOSE OF ANACIN AND TOO DRINK AN EXTREME AMOUNT OF WATER. THOSE ARE BOTH LIFE THREATENING SUGGESTIONS. SHAME ON THEM!!!! PLEASE DONT TAKE OVER RECCONENDED DOSE OF NIACIN OR TOO MUCH WATER!!!!

Methadone can stay in your system for 30 days or more!! And that’s only taking it occasionally!! Trust me, I’ve taken it and showed on drug test 30 days later! These websites are not factual and everyone looks like fools acting like they know everything because they “read it on the internet”! Take you a couple 10mg, get a few drug test and see for yourself!! Of corse ever person is going to metabolize differently but I can not imagine Methadone leaving anyone’s system faster than 2 weeks at the very least! Seriously, just check for yourself! Just because it’s on a medical website does not make it true!!!!

You will test positive for opiates I believe. I test positive for methadone 5-10 days after last dose. I have been a patient for 2 1/2 years and in the early days of treatment I abused/over medicated with my takehomes and went without quite a few days and still passed my urine test and it had methadone and the metabolite still present.
Goodluck

Also, as mentioned above, the original question was asked due to getting into a pain clinic and wanting to pass the urine screen? If you fail and are not accepted you can always go to a medicated assisted treatment and be prescribed methadone because it is highly effective for pain management and usually takes 1-2 doses daily to do the trick versus pain pills every 4-6 hours! Methadone saved my life because had I continued using heroin there is no doubt in my mind that I would be dead and buried by now