I went to have my tubes tied at age 38 for birth control purposes. When they tried to tie them they started to hemmorage, therefore they removed both tubes. I am almost 41 now and have been feeling movement for a week, and have bloating and backache. What are the chances I could be pregnant????

The chances are still there - BUT VERY slight! Tubes have been known to grow back! But that usually takes years! And only has about a 2% chance! SO since there IS a chance of you perhaps being pregnant I would advise you to take a pregnancy test! This way you will know - when was your last period, and are you usually regular and when did you last have unprotected sex>

good day. This is long lasting subject and opinions are so different. the main truth is that partial or complete loss of tubal function creates a hurdle that can reduce woman's chances of getting pregnant in a natural way. I was reading about this and I found the information that lady can get pregnant if her partner has a healthy sperm, but that is not so true so don't believe at this. sure, there is some possible route to pregnancy and motherhood, but this subject is really delicate so you should definitely consult your doctor about this. that is my advice. 

Hello, to the original person that posted. Could you please tell us if you indeed did get pregnant? I also have no tubes but wonder if I can still get pregnant
Thank you

I have had both of my fallopian tubes removed (first due to a ruptured ectopic pregnancy & the 2nd 6 months later due to infection caused by the ectopic)

I have 2 beautiful little boys both through IVF and now am 25 weeks pregnant with baby number 3 - however no IVF totally naturally, so it is possible!

It is possible!

I am currently 25 weeks pregnant with baby number 3 :-)

I lost my first fallopian tube due to a ruptured ectopic pregnancy - 6 months later the other tube had to be removed because of infection (caused by the ectopic rupture) I went through years of IVF & thankfully have 2 beautiful little boys..... but this time no IVF. I must admit it's been a huge shock (although a very welcomed one) as we were told that there was no chance of conceiving naturally.... I guess nature can always have different ideas.

Good luck :-)

WOW... I am in shock that you were able to conceive without any tubes. I really cannot imagine how. I have been without tubes since I was 22 and I am almost 40. My partner have never been blessed in this way. So, I guess if we want children its time to try IVF. how was the IVF treatments for you? I am a little nervous since I am older now. I have read several things about women getting set up with the wrong protocol of medications and then having to cancel their cycle etc. I just wonder how a doctor knows what meds to put a person on to begin with. I am very sensitive and I worry about drug reactions etc. What was your experiences like?

Thanks for your reply

Actually IF you have a even part of an ovary - that is still viable and releasing eggs! And sperm you can get pregnant! ALL the embryo needs is a blood source to attach itself too! This can be a bladder, colon, intestine etc! It is called an Etopic Pregnancy! It is VERY VERY rare but it still happens!

To dawtclam, You will need to talk to a fertility specialist to find out what your odds are, and if it is covered! ALSO SOME doctors - not all - wont try this with women at a certain age! So the sooner you get in there the better! Start taking prenatal vitamins these help with the development of the baby and also YOUR fertility!

I wish you ALL luck and health!

to dawtcalm,

It is quite a miracle I think. Although my gynae/obs tells me that even though it's rare - it is possible :-)

I did find IVF tough the first few cycles - more emotional than anything else. But it does help knowing that you are aiming to get a great reward at the end :-) I took 4 full cycles to have my first son and 5 for my second (although I di get pregnant on the 3rd cycle however I miscarried) I did find IVF so much easy when I already had my first born. I think you know in yourself that your body can do it & the side effects of the drugs dont seem as bad (maybe your body gets a little used to them?)

It is still frustrating going through the whole process and many times I had a little cry & wished it was easier - but got there in the end :-) As for the drugs involved, it does seem to be a bit of a 'calculated guess' to start with. They take into consideration age & past medical history & go from there, My first roundwasn't that great as they gave me a lower dose of drugs so I didn't get that many folicles (however I would rather that than an over enthusiatic Doctor & ending up with hyperstimulation.

I am 31 & started the IVF process at 26. They do say that fertility is higher when your younger but not always the case. I took quite a few cycles to fall pregnant yet my sister in law fell pregnant on his first cycle & has twins - she was 39 (she'd been trying naturally for 7 years & then opted to had IVF due to polycystic ovarian syndrome)

My only advise is to make sure you pick a good clinic :-)

The drugs tend to be a bit 'hit & miss' to start with.

Hi mumof boys

I was in shock when i came across your post.. can you give me more information? you dont have either of your tubes?? and you fell pregnant by natural conception? how did it happen? I thoght it was impossible? Did it stick to antoher blood source? did it go right to the Uterus? I am asking all of these questions, becuae I have had two tubals, and lost both of my tubes, last year..and they said its highly impossible i can get pregnant naturally

your help needed
secretvicki

Hi secretvicki,

Since my original post, we now have another little baby boy in the family! He is 4 weeks old (although still not due to be born for another 3 weeks... slightly impatient I think!)

I was also told that it was extremely unlikely to ever get pregnant naturally & I must admit I did believe it so we weren't 'trying' as such. One of the specialist told me that even though the fallopian tubes have been removed, there can still be an opening to the uterus (as fallopian tubes aren't connected to the uterus anyway) As everything else is in working order, the ovaries still produce eggs & each month one is released - in normal circumstances it would travel down the fallopian tube into the uterus etc.. but as I have no fallopian tubes, apparently they dissolve in the abdomen.... but somehow this little egg miraculously made it into the uterus. It is possible for sperm to also get out of the opening in the uterus & meeting the egg somewhere in the abdomen (it's then that it could attach itself to another blood source & become an ectopic pregnancy)

The body is truly an amazing thing. When I was in hospital with bub, one of the midwives told me of a lady she looked after whom had a baby after a hysterectomy! Apparently it 'grew back' So after my little miracle - I now believe anything is possible (hence why hubby will be going for a little snip - lol!)

wow thart raelly gives me hope, but i still dont understand how it can happen LOL?? Did they doctors know?
are you sure you dont have any of your tubes? i mean like a small part? I have none left..except maybe a stem...because they otok both when i got my ectopics...
So it surived in your abdomen, then found its way to the uterus?

When I was born I had 5 extra bones in my left foot! IT caused me a lot of pain, so when I was 21 they took ALL of the extr bones put Within 1 year, they ALL grew back! it i just set somtimes nand IF they left even a mm of skin this would dd to it too1

Hi Bambi 27 wow , that is crazy and great!! they all grew back??? wow.. amazing....
what do you mean its just set sometimes..? you mean if i have any stubs left.. which is all i have of both tubes.. that they may grow back?

I just reread my post and I'm confused too!!! ;-) XD I take a LOT of medication, so I think I was at the height of those meds when I wrote that!!! LOL

Anyway I do know what I was meaning to say, just like my bones in my foot, sometimes things just happen because it is set in stone in our genes/DNA! I am MEANT to have 5 extra bones, does that make sense? And I truly think that is why womens tubes SOMETIMES grow back! Even though the medical community has burnt them, clipped them, and tied them in a bow! Beyond ALL reason they grow back!

I will tell you a true story - hand on heart! A work mate of mine had 3 children and decided to have a vasectomy, about 12 months later, they had their 4th child a TOTAL Surprise! So after the birth of their 4th child, his wife had her tubes done! Just over 1 year after that they had their 5th child!!!! I swear too GOD! We even had to have a fundraiser for them at work, as this was TOTALLY unexpected! We call those children "Miracle children" So now they tied her tubes and his in a bow and a knot and burnt them and clipped them etc! XD It was SO funny at one of our Christmas Doos, there they were, 1 baby in a carriage - because they couldn't afford a babysiter bless them - and she was out to here with the other baby! BUT we ALL considered those babies part of our family and the company! I just think that sometimes, Mother Nature has a FAR Stronger Control over our bodies than Science does!

Also remember that there is IVF, where you wont need your tubes to reattach! because those odds are VERY rare honey! So remember that OK?