I know that malaria is dangerous infection that most commonly occur in Africa. However, I want to know more about it, because not all I know is enough for me. I wish to understand it, so it is needed more then just mosquito affects people to get malaria. I would appreciate what you could tell me about it. I want to hear also how malaria is diagnosed and treated.

After 9-16 days that infection entered organism, it goes to the blood and penetrate the red cells. Since they first multiply in liver, they have second multiplying again, progressively breaking down the red cells. This induces bouts of fever and anaemia in the infected person. In cerebral malaria, the infected red cells obstruct the blood vessels in the brain, which is dangerous. Other vital organs can also be damaged often leading to the death of the patient as you have probably heard. Malaria is diagnosed by the clinical symptoms and microscopic examination of the patient’s blood. It can normally be cured by antimalalial drugs, when the symptoms are fever, shivering, pain in the joints and headache, which quickly disappear once the parasite is killed. In certain regions, however, the parasites have developed resistance to certain antimalarial drugs. Patients in these areas require treatment with other more expensive drugs, and cases of severe disease including cerebral malaria require hospital care. Malaria has been known since time immemorial, but it was centuries before the true causes of this infection were understood as it is understood now.